A Man With a Quip and a Team | The Boneyard

A Man With a Quip and a Team

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Doug Bruno. Arguably one of the seeding, what is the word, oddities? But, one of Geno's guys. A coach with acumen and wit. As to his program's being in the mix, he says, accurately and with perfect conviction: "We try to get the absolute best players in the country," Bruno said. "Everybody that's playing for UConn has said no to us."

3 stars out with injuries. He is a very good coach. Love him as a mensch. Hope they advance.

NCAA women's basketball: Bruno makes sure UNI has DePaul's attention

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have no doubt who should have replaced Geno as USA Head coach. It was not Dawn Staley, though I think she'll be OK as long as we have a dominant bunch. In game adjustments just aren't her forte'.

Reaction Score
Agree with you 100%. Bruno has been with USAB a long time and I thought he would be next IMO. Dawn Staley fan since she beat Uconn In FF when she played at Virginia. There are several coaches that deserve to coach the NT before her. Maybe down the road but right now, no way!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
For good or bad, it would have been a big problem for USA Basketball to follow two cycles of a male coach with another male coach. And I am OK with that thinking. I thought the Lynx HC was a better choice, but I am fine with Dawn, and no one has put in as much time playing followed by coaching as she has.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom