Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Directv: Big Ten Network(channel 610)
12:00-A+M at Purdue.................2:00-Baylor at Minnesota

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Hopefully some BYers can check out the game and offer up some thoughts on A&M. Purdue is a decent defensive team if it doesn't turn the ball over (a big if). With Mingo injured Purdue doesn't have much of a post game and its guards are small and very careless with the ball. Purdue's best players are Rayburn (former UConn recruit) who is a terrific shooter and Maryland transfer Antoinette Howard.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
thanks Rington... just brightened my Sunday

btw 715 on Comcast is the Hartford area

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Hopefully some BYers can check out the game and offer up some thoughts on A&M. Purdue is a decent defensive team if it doesn't turn the ball over (a big if). With Mingo injured Purdue doesn't have much of a post game and its guards are small and very careless with the ball. Purdue's best players are Rayburn (former UConn recruit) who is a terrific shooter and Maryland transfer Antoinette Howard.

I am watching and also DVRing the game. I will probably post what I saw tonight and then have a Texas A&M vs UConn post sometime on Monday.

Reaction Score
Quinnipiac took down Minnesota, so I doubt Baylor will have much problem with them.

Reaction Score
Kelsey Bone is huge. A real big body.

A&M dominating the O-boards, but shooting percentage is low. Purdue up 10-8 early.

Reaction Score
Elonu for A&M is also tall (tho thin), but she can dribble in the open court. A&M scored 8 straight to take 13-10 lead.

Reaction Score
Elonu for A&M is also tall (tho thin), but she can dribble in the open court. A&M scored 8 straight to take 13-10 lead.

Actually I gues Elonu is only 6'1"; maybe Purdue is small. A&M also have another big body in Gilbert, who is 6'5".

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Purdue is hanging in, down only 1. They have taken Bone out of the game with very aggressive double teams, Bone is frustrated.

Reaction Score
This is just one of the things I love about the site and all of you! Working together,providing inf ie games and times,where games may be seen,rpts on what is happening in a SPECIFIC GAME THANKS GALS AND GUYS >>Ira

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
32-29 Aggies at the half. I am impressed with Purdue's aggressive defense in the half court, which is slowing the game down and making the A&M guards make some poor decisions. Second half should be interesting to see if Blair can make some adjustments to open things up and get the game more to their style.

Reaction Score
32-29 Aggies at the half. I am impressed with Purdue's aggressive defense in the half court, which is slowing the game down and making the A&M guards make some poor decisions. Second half should be interesting to see if Blair can make some adjustments to open things up and get the game more to their style.
Bone shot only 2 for 7 in first half. She could not convert on her offensive rebounds.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Looking at the stats it looks like Purdue's biggest problem is its turnovers as was the case against Duke. A&M is shooting better from 3 than in previous games. Before this game UConn had made more 3-pointers than A&M had taken.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I'd love to see what Versyp could do with a healthy roster...

And referring back to the OP and the Baylor/Minny game, I'm guessing the Bears are going to have a Gopher feast. Kinda wondering why Borton still has a job.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Looking at the stats it looks like Purdue's biggest problem is its turnovers as was the case against Duke. A&M is shooting better from 3 than in previous games. Before this game UConn had made more 3-pointers than A&M had taken.
Purdue's TO's are the result of effective A&M perimeter defense. Purdue's ballhandling is also very suspect.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I'd love to see what Versyp could do with a healthy roster...

And referring back to the OP and the Baylor/Minny game, I'm guessing the Bears are going to have a Gopher feast. Kinda wondering why Borton still has a job.
IMO Versyp is a very good coach, certainly one of the best in that conference. As for Borton, maybe Minnesota is reluctant to make a change after their experience with Frese, but I really have no idea. It would be a great situation for some up and coming coach.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Because she's not Cheryl Littlejohn?

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Pur is scrappy hard-nosed team.
Aggies 42-39
4 fouls on Tyra White, maybe A&M's best player. Aggies really don't have a really good pg, from what I can see.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Purdue looks much better than last year. The TAMU game should be fast-paced and exciting with lots of scoring!

Reaction Score
Aggies not that impressove inspite of slew of foul shots helped by technical foul Amazing Purdue is still
in the game Aggies 42-39 Purdue ball with the 4 min time out at 11 something 21-14 TOs Aggies forcing more Amazing Purdue is now down by one Sloppy game

Reaction Score
Purdue looks much better than last year. The TAMU game should be fast-paced and exciting with lots of scoring!
Sara I think they lost by 50 something last season Amazing Purdue up by 2

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I like Elonu...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul