A lot to like after first 2 games | The Boneyard

A lot to like after first 2 games

Reaction Score
A lot of positives for this team after the first 2 games:

1) Alterique shooting 50%+ so far from the season, and this coming off an injury, and just overall playing so well so early on;
2) Jalen scoring so easily and efficiently;
3) Tarin Smith has been a revelation! Love what he adds to the team;
4) Carlton's offensive production;
5) Polley attacking the rim;
6) Transition offense;
7) fun basketball;
8) Hustle and energy throughout the 40 minutes

Reaction Score
Day and night compared to the past 2 seasons. It was tough to watch an entire
game!
Just the uptempo nature to our game. Bigs rebounding and looking to outlet. Especially against these less athletic teams, made no sense to get our athletes out in transition but onward and upwards as they say.

Reaction Score
Got to give Cobb a shout out! Very engaged, active and producing.

Cobb played well on the offensive end, and didn't miss a shot, which was great. However he only had 1 rebound, needs to be more productive with rebounding.

I also like the flashes of potential Kassoum showed. He has some bounce to him that Carlton and Cobb don't have. He could be a nice player in Hurley's arsenal.

Reaction Score
I will admit, I am a Coach KO guy and really not fond of how the university is trying to dirty up his name so that they don't have to pay the man. Because we all know that if Coach Ollie won more games, those minor incidents would not have mattered. Anyway with that being said, I really like the pace of the team and how the players are playing for Coach Hurley. The players, even though it is early, have more confidence in their play on the floor. There seems to be more decisiveness when they are on the floor. The big thing that I have noticed is their spacing has been a lot better this season. So huge props to coach Hurley and his coaching staff...as well as to the players. Well done. Go, Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
Love what I'm seeing. Our rebounding is suspect as other posters have alluded to but I think the way we run the floor might offset the other team crashing the boards with everyone. It's only two games against inferior competition.

The season is a long one and I'll be interested to see how they'll respond after a loss.

Reaction Score
When Yawke kicked it out to JA then around the line to CV then Rique who drained the three, a tear fell from my eye. Joy.
It's been so long. Whenever a team did that against us, I'd ask "Why don't we do that?". I don't have to ask that anymore.

Reaction Score
I will admit, I am a Coach KO guy and really not fond of how the university is trying to dirty up his name so that they don't have to pay the man. Because we all know that if Coach Ollie won more games, those minor incidents would not have mattered. Anyway with that being said, I really like the pace of the team and how the players are playing for Coach Hurley. The players, even though it is early, have more confidence in their play on the floor. There seems to be more decisiveness when they are on the floor. The big thing that I have noticed is their spacing has been a lot better this season. So huge props to coach Hurley and his coaching
staff...as well as to the players. Well done. Go, Huskies!!!

I don’t call lying to the AD and sending 2 kids to Atlanta to train a minor incident. Wait to see what the NCAA has to say. I don’t consider Ollie’s last year as coaching, I don’t know what to call it.

Reaction Score
I don’t call lying to the AD and sending 2 kids to Atlanta to train a minor incident. Wait to see what the NCAA has to say. I don’t consider Ollie’s last year as coaching, I don’t know what to call it.

Given the current culture, do we really know what "lying" is anymore? And for the NCAA, if they come down hard on these minor incidents, which they are minor compared to other schools and their situations, we really need to question the usefulness of the NCAA. I agree, the last few years has been rough with the coaching. I ain't about to lie and say coach did a good job coaching. These past few years have been waaaay below our beloved UConn Standards & Expectation levels. Seems like we got the right coach steering the ship now and we go forward. Still rocking my American Flag Blue and White colors!!

Go, Huskies
#BleedBlue

Reaction Score
I like the way this team plays. They go hard and play smart all the time or at least in the limited sample we have to date. I tinker they will beat some people this year but I also recognize that this is a long way from a great team talent wise. Which, btw, also largely fall in Ollie’s lap.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom