A lot of prospect decisions in the coming weeks... | The Boneyard

A lot of prospect decisions in the coming weeks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Get ready for the decisions of some of our top targets!

Tevin Mack's is coming any day now (as soon at tomorrow), Chris Clarke's has to be coming soon, and Diamond Stone's is on November 12th! Going to be an exciting few weeks.

Any predictions?

Reaction Score

Tevin Mack's is coming any day now (as soon at tomorrow), Chris Clarke's has to be coming soon, and Diamond Stone's is on November 12th! Going to be an exciting few weeks.

Any predictions?
Mack and Stone

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Two of three. As long as Stone is one of them, I'm good with the outcome.

Reaction Score
God this is so bad but I'm really beginning to believe in Stone. I just feel like the stars are starting to align. Rumors of the Wisconsin fade continue to feed this unruly optimism; close it out KO! As for Clarke/Mack, I honestly couldn't care less. They bring different skill sets (shooter vs slasher, finesse vs toughness), but I think either would be a boon to UConn. But, like the above, I'd be fine going 1/3 if the one is Stone.

Reaction Score

Any predictions?

Steven Enoch and Jalen Adams

Seriously, I'll be thrilled if we land one of Clarke, Mack or Stone. Mack sounds like the most likely.

Reaction Score
only playas with supreme confidence who wish to seriously challenge themselves enter the portals & aura of UCONN styling in the Yukon snow belt

my take is these 3 dudes take the sun basking hostesses dd cupcakes ego road trip that was presented by the foxy one to shuttlesworth

as i recall mr shuttlesworth rejected that foxy offer to take the gampel road trip and wound up leading the planet in lifetime 3 ballin and philanthropic pursuits

UCONN is all about blue collar work ethic team first teammate first non escalator 10 tows in winning world titles gold belts delayed gratification human resource development pursuits

cheque the smiles on the boat, new rip purv triumvirate; they luvs dee Yukon, i mean UCONN culture of team dev and cheque the smiles on the faces of the real rip, ben garden, bazz, kembacity, uncle cliff, oak, the butler, Khalid, et al

Reaction Score
only playas with supreme confidence who wish to seriously challenge themselves enter the portals & aura of UCONN styling in the Yukon snow belt

my take is these 3 dudes take the sun basking hostesses dd cupcakes ego road trip that was presented by the foxy one to shuttlesworth

as i recall mr shuttlesworth rejected that foxy offer to take the gampel road trip and wound up leading the planet in lifetime 3 ballin and philanthropic pursuits

UCONN is all about blue collar work ethic team first teammate first non escalator 10 tows in winning world titles gold belts delayed gratification human resource development pursuits

cheque the smiles on the boat, new rip purv triumvirate; they luvs dee Yukon, i mean UCONN culture of team dev and cheque the smiles on the faces of the real rip, ben garden, bazz, kembacity, uncle cliff, oak, the butler, Khalid, et al
Awakenings...the movie.

Reaction Score
I don't want any one and dones. 2 year guys ok, 3 and 4 better.
I just don't understand this line of thought. If a kid is one and done here, it means they most likely had an incredibly productive year and got snagged high in the draft - why would we not want that? I realize that the counterargument is that we at UConn are all about the team rather than the individual, but so long as we don't pull a Kentucky and rely solely on one and dones, where's the harm? You really think KO would put up with a kid who put personal aspirations over the team? You take the best talent out there, and if that talent happens to perform at a high enough level to be a high draft pick after their freshman year (which only helps us with recruiting down the line/program exposure), so be it.

You just can't go full Kentucky. Everybody knows you can't go full Kentucky

Reaction Score
I just don't understand this line of thought. If a kid is one and done here, it means they most likely had an incredibly productive year and got snagged high in the draft - why would we not want that? I realize that the counterargument is that we at UConn are all about the team rather than the individual, but so long as we don't pull a Kentucky and rely solely on one and dones, where's the harm? You really think KO would put up with a kid who put personal aspirations over the team? You take the best talent out there, and if that talent happens to perform at a high enough level to be a high draft pick after their freshman year (which only helps us with recruiting down the line/program exposure), so be it.

I see potential chemistry problems, thats all. It didn't work last time. and I know KO is different than JC. Great individual success does not always trnslate to team success.

Reaction Score
I definitely want Mack. We need a guy with his skill set and I think he a going to be a very good college player. If you combine him with Stone, Brimah, Nolan or whatever combo of those 3 is left, along with Cassell, Hamilton etc., we will have a great inside out group. I love having big men kick it out to open guys for 3. It is a huge weapon in getting easy shots for everyone.

I consider us 50/50 to get Stone and I am not holding my breath. I worry about the hometown connection to Wiscy and the Under Armor stuff. Really have no idea on that one.

Mack, I think we should land if he looks at the situation carefully. He can eat well here as our sharp shooter.

Reaction Score
I see potential chemistry problems, thats all. It didn't work last time. and I know KO is different than JC. Great individual success does not always trnslate to team success.
Fair enough, though if you're referencing AD I'd argue that the chemistry issues on that team had almost nothing to do with him

Reaction Score
99 - spot on w/. length of time here. Plays in our favor w/. those two he mentioned. Would be true also if we get through this weekend without a Stone verbal to UW.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score

Is a full Kentucky like a full monty? Just a different name for the same piece of gear? ;)

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
UConn in a tough spot. Nobody short of a five star recruit can count on playing time in next couple of seasons unless mass defections take place. So, it seems like its all or nothing at all. Ollie should try to set a second line of recruits in case the five star guys all pass. Even Stone might not beat out Brimah as a starter. These one and done guys think they have to start. Ollie develops players. Starting for UConn will never be easy from this point on. If you count Brimah as the center. All five starters from last years team will have pro careers somewhere.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Mack is one kid I really would like to see in a UCONN jersey. Something about him makes me think that KO and him would have a dynamic relationship that would not only benefit UCONN but really bring Mack to the top of his game..Maybe its because he is a mommas boy like some of our previous greats (Bazz, Kemba, Boat) ..Hes got nice size and a smooth jumper.... Enoch is also welcome with open arms as well;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom