A Longer Kia on Leadership and R & R | The Boneyard

A Longer Kia on Leadership and R & R

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...omen-basketball-kia-nurse-20170630-story.html

Hopefully I'm not duplicating efforts?

This link will surely die; when it does go to the Courant women Huskies page and its listed 2d there.

Goggle "As Senior Season Approaches, Kia Nurse Ready.

Nurse said she feels mentally and physically fresh after a postseason rest that included time with her family. Her previous summers have required her to report to the Canadian national program camp, but she did not participate in the first phase of camp. She will be part of a national camp in Edmonton at the end of July, in advance of the FIBA Women's AmeriCup in August in Argentina.

A year ago, Nurse was sidelined after sports hernia. She played in the Rio Olympics before starting school in the fall and she injured her during the season.

She needed rest.

"It obviously was helpful for my body to heal up some of the old stuff that was going on," Nurse said. "Mentally, I think it's a good place to be right now. You have the motivation, you have the time to kind of sit back and not have to do all the Canada Basketball stuff, go straight from camp to school, school to camp. So the relaxing time, the time with the family. I think that all helps and benefits in the end. … If it's all basketball, all the time, eventually you're going to hit a wall. So, I'd rather not hit my wall this year. Take a step back, Kia."

Nurse and her UConn teammates spent a month playing pickup games in Storrs. The games were spirited, the players said.

Yes, the Final Four loss has lit a flame under the next UConn team.

"Because it stings and because it wasn't the ending that we wanted, that is going to fuel people to [think] maybe you have to be a little more competitive," Nurse said. "Maybe there's other things about your game you want to change. … It should make you a more competitive person and it should make you someone who wants to be better, not only individually but as a team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/UConn...omen-basketball-kia-nurse-20170630-story.html

Hopefully I'm not duplicating efforts?

This link will surely die; when it does go to the Courant women Huskies page and its listed 2d there.

Goggle "As Senior Season Approaches, Kia Nurse Ready.

Nurse said she feels mentally and physically fresh after a postseason rest that included time with her family. Her previous summers have required her to report to the Canadian national program camp, but she did not participate in the first phase of camp. She will be part of a national camp in Edmonton at the end of July, in advance of the FIBA Women's AmeriCup in August in Argentina.

A year ago, Nurse was sidelined after sports hernia. She played in the Rio Olympics before starting school in the fall and she injured her during the season.

She needed rest.

"It obviously was helpful for my body to heal up some of the old stuff that was going on," Nurse said. "Mentally, I think it's a good place to be right now. You have the motivation, you have the time to kind of sit back and not have to do all the Canada Basketball stuff, go straight from camp to school, school to camp. So the relaxing time, the time with the family. I think that all helps and benefits in the end. … If it's all basketball, all the time, eventually you're going to hit a wall. So, I'd rather not hit my wall this year. Take a step back, Kia."

Nurse and her UConn teammates spent a month playing pickup games in Storrs. The games were spirited, the players said.

Yes, the Final Four loss has lit a flame under the next UConn team.

"Because it stings and because it wasn't the ending that we wanted, that is going to fuel people to [think] maybe you have to be a little more competitive," Nurse said. "Maybe there's other things about your game you want to change. … It should make you a more competitive person and it should make you someone who wants to be better, not only individually but as a team.

One of the Best R-Tickles written about Kia--our Canadian All American--your last paragraph is a bit saddening to me because --I believe they did all they as a team could have done--under the circumstances--I know Geno shall address all the mental issues and physical issues that brought them to that point--let us not forget--4 points is all that stood between them and playing in the Final game-it was a squeak out not a blow out.]

Thanks again Rocky--keep giving me these injections of Uconn--it reduces my withdrawal symptoms!!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I think Geno needs some rest... especially after being on that golf course

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member