A Lesson For All Young Players In UConn's 2 BET games | The Boneyard

A Lesson For All Young Players In UConn's 2 BET games

Reaction Score
Everybody raved about AJ peformance in the win against Seton Hall.
Conor Gillespie was instrumental in taking down UConn last night.

I hope a lot of young players watched both games and realize or learned that you can have a major impact on your teams performance without scoring a lot. Both were probably their teams MOP of the game. I've been critical of refs letting Gillespie bang his way down into the paint and around the rim, but his defensive recognition and court vision were impressive. Also, he was often on a big under the boards not letting the UConn bigs get easy rebounds sometimes. He wasn't flying around like Jackson the night before, but he was doing everything he can to create a positive outcome for his team. For whatever UConn did wrong, his basketball IQ and effort were what his team needed from him. I was also impressed with his willingness to not force anything and trusted his teammates to take and make open looks. Living in the day and age where 'guys have to get theirs', I just was really impressed with him.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

I hope a lot of young players watched both games and realize or learned that you can have a major impact on your teams performance without scoring a lot. Both were probably their teams MOP of the game. I've been critical of refs letting Gillespie bang his way down into the paint and around the rim, but his defensive recognition and court vision were impressive. Also, he was often on a big under the boards not letting the UConn bigs get easy rebounds sometimes. He wasn't flying around like Jackson the night before, but he was doing everything he can to create a positive outcome for his team. For whatever UConn did wrong, his basketball IQ and effort were what his team needed from him. I was also impressed with his willingness to not force anything and trusted his teammates to take and make open looks. Living in the day and age where 'guys have to get theirs', I just was really impressed with him.
Gillespie will also score if needed as he did the end of last night's game

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Conor? I hardly knew her.

Reaction Score

Having 4 other teammates who could drive, stop and pop didn’t hurt him either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom