"A Legacy As Remarkable And Formidable In Sports" | The Boneyard

"A Legacy As Remarkable And Formidable In Sports"

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The wonderful narrator's voice in The March To Madness. And who are we to quibble or argue. Tonight's was a home run. Loved giving the practice players their due; Geno "the unsung heroes of our program." And a great look at seriously strenuous practice drills. The make up and ESPN March Madness photo shoot was cool. Gabby segment in her room with "the vinyl." She comes across as very mature and deep. Geno so funny with the old family photos: Italian family, all dark clothes, no smiles or we shoot it again. He is a funny guy by nature.

I wonder what potential recruits think when they see this stuff.

Reaction Score
The wonderful narrator's voice in The March To Madness. And who are we to quibble or argue. Tonight's was a home run. Loved giving the practice players their due; Geno "the unsung heroes of our program." And a great look at seriously strenuous practice drills. The make up and ESPN March Madness photo shoot was cool. Gabby segment in her room with "the vinyl." She comes across as very mature and deep. Geno so funny with the old family photos: Italian family, all dark clothes, no smiles or we shoot it again. He is a funny guy by nature.

I wonder what potential recruits think when they see this stuff.
They probably don't since most people don't have HBO.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I thought just about everybody had HBO. But I looked it up. HBO has 49 million USA subscribers out of 116 million households with TVs, or 42%.
So on their HS team with say 12 players that means maybe 5 of them have HBO at home and probably at least 3 have a DVR. And maybe part of the promotional stuff they send to their top prospects is a DVD of select Geno shows and HBO specials and ESPN specials. Somehow, I think the folks that are really interested in Uconn and/or just really interested in what a college program looks like from the inside are figuring out a way to watch this stuff.

Reaction Score
So on their HS team with say 12 players that means maybe 5 of them have HBO at home and probably at least 3 have a DVR. And maybe part of the promotional stuff they send to their top prospects is a DVD of select Geno shows and HBO specials and ESPN specials. Somehow, I think the folks that are really interested in Uconn and/or just really interested in what a college program looks like from the inside are figuring out a way to watch this stuff.
Copywrite infringement?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Copywrite infringement?
I am sure they have an agreement with anyone they give access to, and they are not profiting so it is pretty close to you making a copy of a music CD and giving it to a friend which is gray area but generally considered legal.

Reaction Score
Copywrite infringement?
I'm sure that any time UCONN enters into an agreement with SNY, HBO or anyone else to allow access beyond what the public has they specify clearly that the content will be made available for use by the University.

Reaction Score
They do a lot of repeat airings so maybe Saturday morning, or on DVR anytime.
Yeah probably, but I think we're bigger fans of the team and program more than your typical teen aged recruit that just a few months ago was flirting with all the other big name programs, so I'm not sure how much they care about this stuff. It would not surprise me to find out they don't even watch all of our games let alone care about special documentaries.

Reaction Score
Liev Schreiber really does a great job narrating these HBO sports docs.
I have watched nearly every episode of Schrieber's Ray Donovan series and quite a few of his movies and I still cant believe that thats his voice narrating this series - it just sounds so different from what i expect. In my mind's eye, I can match him with the voice in this series narration.

He is an outstanding narrator and does a great job on this and all the other HBO series (boxing primarily).

Reaction Score
I just love this series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UCONN, the team, the coaches, the support staff and the whole UCONN phenomenon just looks so Awesome!

What a great recruiting tool, of course for BBALL but also for regular prospective students. UCONN just looks so big time.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yeah probably, but I think we're bigger fans of the team and program more than your typical teen aged recruit that just a few months ago was flirting with all the other big name programs, so I'm not sure how much they care about this stuff. It would not surprise me to find out they don't even watch all of our games let alone care about special documentaries.
I agree in a general sense, and I am sure none of the recruits is glued to our game schedule - but a player making a decision about the next 4 years and down to a list of 5 schools with Uconn on it? Yeah, I think they probably are trying to get all the help they can get.

Reaction Score
I have watched nearly every episode of Schrieber's Ray Donovan series and quite a few of his movies and I still cant believe that thats his voice narrating this series - it just sounds so different from what i expect. In my mind's eye, I can match him with the voice in this series narration.

He is an outstanding narrator and does a great job on this and all the other HBO series (boxing primarily).

And he finishes these within a day of broadcast. The weeks episode had the Selection reaction on Monday evening with HBO broadcasting on Wendsday.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I love the way you project your limited thoughts without any substantiation. My only concede to this post is "your typical teenaged recruit" comment that is possibly correct in the sense that Geno will not recruit that type. He and CD have been very clear the type of player they recruit AND my opinion is they will watch this show. But hey, I am a glass half full guy...

Reaction Score
I agree in a general sense, and I am sure none of the recruits is glued to our game schedule - but a player making a decision about the next 4 years and down to a list of 5 schools with Uconn on it? Yeah, I think they probably are trying to get all the help they can get.
And I'm sure no one is whispering in the recruit's ear that they might want to check out UConn on HBO every Wednesday night for a while. "Oh yeah.. No, don't know when the Baylor, ND, SC and Maryland HBO series are on - you'll have to ask them."

This is as good as, "We have our own room at the White House."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom