A highly international affair: South Floirda vs. Washington State | The Boneyard

A highly international affair: South Floirda vs. Washington State

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
First-round game of the Gulf Coast Showcase. Streaming on FloHoops (subscription).

This might be the game with the greatest number of international players.

South Florida is off to a great start, leading 17-0 after Q1.

Washington State is really struggling to find themselves.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I know this is likely a minority view here, but I'd like to see a cap on the number of foreign players allowed on a team.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I know this is likely a minority view here, but I'd like to see a cap on the number of foreign players allowed on a team.
What do you think would be a reasonable cap?

Plebe

Reaction Score
South Florida leads WSU, 75-36, with about 4:00 to play.

USF has looked good this game. Players are sharing the ball well. Ferreira is showing no ill effects of the injury that sidelined her last year.

USF will play Notre Dame tomorrow (assuming ND beats ETSU later today), which will be a heckuva test.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
A scoreless quarter....wow, just wow. Only 8 at half. Wazzu has to be among the biggest disappointments in the country so far this year. Got their top 3 players back from injury but aren't half the team they were last year at the end of the season.

Meanwhile the Wazzu men, who were picked last in their conference, are off to a pretty good start. It's bizarro world on the Palouse.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
USF W. Basketball‏Verified account @USFWBB
FINAL | USF defeats Washington State 82-45. Bulls will play the winner of Notre Dame/ETSU TOMORROW at 7:30 p.m. #Together

DPb4O7MXUAAdB9p.jpg

3:48 PM - 24 Nov 2017

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
ND 77 - East Ten St 46.

So, USF plays ND tomorrow night.

Thoughts on the match up?

Reaction Score
ND 77 - East Ten St 46.

I hope you thump them, but they were able to rest their starters for the whole fourth quarter.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
I hope you thump them, but they were able to rest their starters for the whole fourth quarter.

Thanks.

This was the first time I can remember where NO USF player had more than 30 game minutes. Our bench consists only of freshmen and they played quite a bit. One of them, Enna P, played in her first game after sitting out all of last year with an ACL injury and played well.

I think the one real advantage ND has over us will be in rebounding. Too bad that our post transfer A. Rader will not be eligible until Dec, because she could, perhaps, be the difference in the outcome.

Plebe

Reaction Score
ND 77 - East Ten St 46.

USF is definitely the underdog, but if you can get good 3-point shooting and keep ND off the O-boards, I think you have a shot.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
USF is definitely the underdog, but if you can get good 3-point shooting and keep ND off the O-boards, I think you have a shot.

I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment.

I'm hoping for a win, but I really want to see at least a very competitive game. I would be very disappointed if we lose by a dozen or more.

Reaction Score
I think the one real advantage ND has over us will be in rebounding. Too bad that our post transfer A. Rader will not be eligible until Dec, because she could, perhaps, be the difference in the outcome.

Too bad McGraw somehow got favoritism from some NCAA committee so that Shepard could transfer without sitting out a year. :mad:

Plebe

Reaction Score
A scoreless quarter....wow, just wow. Only 8 at half. Wazzu has to be among the biggest disappointments in the country so far this year. Got their top 3 players back from injury but aren't half the team they were last year at the end of the season.

Meanwhile the Wazzu men, who were picked last in their conference, are off to a pretty good start. It's bizarro world on the Palouse.
I would call Wazzu and UVa the biggest disappointments so far. Many people were picking UVa to finish as high as 4th in the ACC, but they haven't looked good so far. Not as bad as Wazzu having a scoreless quarter, but still not so good. They were humbled by Mississippi State and have lost to Georgia and Dayton.

Reaction Score
Too bad McGraw somehow got favoritism from some NCAA committee so that Shepard could transfer without sitting out a year. :mad:

If Florida runs the floor Shepard will be about as effective as she ever was against us. I watched the game with Oregon State and they ran her off the court. She's tall, end of story.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
That seems un-American.

Well, you could say it is more European, or Russian, or Chinese or Turkish. But I see that seemingly un-American idea as increasing opportunities for Americans to pursue their dreams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom