A great moral victory for us tonight. | The Boneyard

A great moral victory for us tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We have now officially become Seton Hall fans, searching for moral victories against a middle of the pack Big 12 team. The program fading is real, and I'm scared.

Reaction Score
Moral victory? We are 1-3 and we havent even gotten to conference play yet. We gave up 97 points and would have been down 20+ had Adams not gone pete maravich.

Reaction Score
Been awhile since we have scored 90 points in a game

Reaction Score
Moral victory? We are 1-3 and we havent even gotten to conference play yet. We gave up 97 points and would have been down 20+ had Adams not gone pete maravich.
We played most of the game without larrier and the whole game without alterique. Arguably 2not our 3 best players. Ok state is imo a top 25 team. We could have folded being undermanned yet we kept fighting and gave ourselves a chance to win. I'd chalk that up as a moral victory

Reaction Score
We played most of the game without larrier and the whole game without alterique. Arguably 2not our 3 best players. Ok state is imo a top 25 team. We could have folded being undermanned yet we kept fighting and gave ourselves a chance to win. I'd chalk that up as a moral victory

the NCAA isnt going to give us credit for moral victories come March

Reaction Score
We have now officially become Seton Hall fans, searching for moral victories against a middle of the pack Big 12 team. The program fading is real, and I'm scared.

Can you at least wait until the end of the season before concluding that the program with the most championships in the past 20 years is fading? Its only been 4 games.

Reaction Score

Stop thinking about the NCAAs at this point. Start looking for improvements. Let's start thinking about March after we can put a couple complete games together (or even just 1)

Reaction Score
That's a different argument. They do in fact take into account injuries. The first 2 losses and this loss are not in any way the same. And the selection committee will not view them as such

Reaction Score
That's a different argument. They do in fact take into account injuries. The first 2 losses and this loss are not in any way the same. And the selection committee will not view them as such

i liked the fight, but it doesnt really make up for 30 minutes of atrocious basketball and that adams basically had to put this team on his back for them to stay in it. Our bigs look completely lost. I dont have confidence in any of them.

Reaction Score
Can you at least wait until the end of the season before concluding that the program with the most championships in the past 20 years is fading? Its only been 4 games.

Sure, unless your talking about finishing in the middle of the pack for the past 3 years in the AAC......THE AAC. And then needing to win to get into the tournament, then rightly getting bounced in the 2nd week. My friend- the writing has been on the wall. Name a player that has improved under Ollie. Name one. We just lost to 2 teams that aren't even in the REALM of a good college basketball RPI. But yeah I'll wait, and I'll wait the next year, and the next, until there's nothing to wait for anymore because we can't even fill up the XL for s ga,e against Cincy.

Reaction Score

While this season isn't over, in the last 2 seasons + this one we haven't been a top 40 program. This was supposed to be the season we rectified the program after the last two years were duds.

Reaction Score
Anyone worrying about the selection committee is off their rocker. We're going to have max 6 top 50 games remaining and we already have 2 sub-100 losses. I'd say we can only lose 1 or 2 games plus the conference tournament loss to even have a shot at an at-large right now.

That's like 28-2 after starting 1-3. To even have an at-large shot.

Reaction Score
i liked the fight, but it doesnt really make up for 30 minutes of atrocious basketball and that adams basically had to put this team on his back for them to stay in it. Our bigs look completely lost. I dont have confidence in any of them.
No one said the first half was good. Everyone has unanimously agreed it was horrid. But with 2 of our 3 best players injured, combined with ok state being a pretty good team makes what they did in the 2nd half impressive and encouraging. For the first time this season the offense looked good. We had a legit chance to beat a good team undermanned. Making the tourney is not what any UConn can should be thinking about right now. The question is how good can this team be when healthy come March. And tonites second half have many of us hope that we can still be pretty good

Reaction Score
I remember Calhoun once stating that you can always look back and point to one time during the season where things came together. Maybe the second half today was that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom