A future high profile H/H series. | The Boneyard

A future high profile H/H series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Should Edsall/Benedict try to get a series with WVU? Would WVU bite? Personally, I think they would as they wouldn't have to pay us for a pay game, and they could renew a BE series.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We also need to either officially pull the plug on the Tennessee series or get something in ink soon.
Get in ink. We can't lose that one.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We also need to either officially pull the plug on the Tennessee series or get something in ink soon.
Why?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I want home and home with Syracuse, BC and Penn State. I want to build some Northeast rivalry games. The AAC opponents are not exciting so at least we can have some other games to get into and help with recruiting in the Northeast. Notre Dame would be good too. Make room by dropping Maine type opponents.

Reaction Score
I want home and home with Syracuse, BC and Penn State. I want to build some Northeast rivalry games. The AAC opponents are not exciting so at least we can have some other games to get into and help with recruiting in the Northeast. Notre Dame would be good too. Make room by dropping Maine type opponents.

Add Rutgers to the list as well. All regional rivalries are good for us. Heck if we ever beat Temple again we may start to consider that a rivalry.

Reaction Score
Haha.. It was a total tongue in cheek comment by me. I know years ago we went round and round with rumors of a multi game series.

There was a recent rumor that Kelly would continue his "tradition" of scheduling a game w/ his former assistants and Diaco was next.

Reaction Score
There was a recent rumor that Kelly would continue his "tradition" of scheduling a game w/ his former assistants and Diaco was next.

Gotcha, I hadn't heard that. I was referring to rumors from Edsall1.0 era.

Reaction Score
Syracuse and BC - check. I wouldn't hold my breath on Penn State coming in, but a Rutgers home and home is definitely doable. ND, meh. We should keep the Maine-type games because everyone is allowed one free FCS game that counts, so we should take the (hopefully) free win.

Reaction Score
Should Edsall/Benedict try to get a series with WVU? Would WVU bite? Personally, I think they would as they wouldn't have to pay us for a pay game, and they could renew a BE series.
Have we ever played a Big12 team yet? I don't think we played any Pac12 or MWC yet...

Reaction Score
Have we ever played a Big12 team yet? I don't think we played any Pac12 or MWC yet...
Played series with Iowa State and Baylor in the past. Boise State from the MWC.

Reaction Score
We have one game with a MWC opponent next year and it is with Boise St. which is fairly good, coming off a good season themselves. A matchup with Air Force should be in order.

Reaction Score
I'd love an Auburn Home & Home if Dave could get it done. Would also like to play WV again even if we'd get our butts kicked

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Have we ever played a Big12 team yet?

Iowa St, Baylor, and Oklahoma (Fiesta). I believe we are 3-1 in those games--with the lone loss coming in the Fiesta Bowl vs Oklahoma.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Iowa St, Baylor, and Oklahoma (Fiesta). I believe we are 3-1 in those games--with the lone loss coming in the Fiesta Bowl vs Oklahoma.
3-2.

Beat Baylor twice. Split with Iowa St. Lost to OU.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
We have four OOC games to schedule:

1) One game with an old Big East foe (Syracuse, BC, Pitt, WVU, Rutgers).
2) One game with another FBS conference team (Illinois, Tennessee, Duke, etc).
3) One game with a team out of our geographic comfort zone, to expand our national presence (BYU, Boise, SDSU, Oregon State, etc).
4) One FCS team, a warm up game and a win.

Reaction Score
If the P5 go to 9 conference games which I believe will happen in the next couple of years, plus all have at least 1 OOC against another P5 school to keep their media partners happy and their usual FCS cakewalk game, that leaves very little opportunity for Uconn to get home and homes with quality teams.

I think the days f MI and Missouri coming to the Rent are over and I doubt PSU, Big 12, SEC or PAC 12 teams are open to a home and home because it does nothing for recruiting or their alumni base. They would probably welcom a one off game at their place, but a return game is unlikely.

That leaves the bottom feeders of the ACC (BC, Cuse, Wake) or the B1G (RU, ind, ill) and the independents excluding ND as the home and home options. Not bad options but not as exciting as you may want.

Reaction Score
If the P5 go to 9 conference games which I believe will happen in the next couple of years, plus all have at least 1 OOC against another P5 school to keep their media partners happy and their usual FCS cakewalk game, that leaves very little opportunity for Uconn to get home and homes with quality teams.

I think the days f MI and Missouri coming to the Rent are over and I doubt PSU, Big 12, SEC or PAC 12 teams are open to a home and home because it does nothing for recruiting or their alumni base. They would probably welcom a one off game at their place, but a return game is unlikely.

That leaves the bottom feeders of the ACC (BC, Cuse, Wake) or the B1G (RU, ind, ill) and the independents excluding ND as the home and home options. Not bad options but not as exciting as you may want.
As Indiana has scheduled future Homes & homes with UConn, the B1G has designated UConn as P5 for scheduling purposes, so going to a 9th conference game should be no issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom