A Full day in Eugene | The Boneyard

A Full day in Eugene

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
So, my wife and I were lucky enough to spend some time out on the West Coast. We spent today in Eugene after spending the last week roaming around Portland, the Willamette Valley, Newport and visiting our grandson at Gonzaga in Spokane..

A double header today and not two women's basketball games... First UConn, our team, but followed by what is called in Oregon, The Civil War; Oregon vs. Oregon State in football. Unfortunately the timing of the games meant we had to miss either the Oregon vs. OU basketball game or the start of the Civil War and since we were being hosted by friends with football tickets, we had no choice but to smile politely and forgo the second basketball game.

Memo to ESPN and Nike; they could have done a better job in scheduling the women's basketball and football games as well as publicizing the women's games. Awful on both accounts.

Our women dominated as expected. I'll make two points only about the game; Z looked great and Kyla was second off the bench. The rest of the analysis I should and will leave to those more knowledgeable than me.

The football game was a blowout but the atmosphere superb. I don't have a lot of use for PAC 12 football but it is entertaining. Lots of scoring but little defense.

We lucked out with NO rain today. We've been in Oregon since November 13 and seen the sun only on one day so even a cloudy day was a relief. It was cold... 44 degrees at kickoff. We had been told to bring rain gear but nothing about long johns... I'm glad to be back in a warm room after the game.

I only ran into Philster, no other B'yarders... Apologies to others that may have been there...

Tomorrow we're off in the direction of Reno to take in Gaby's homecoming...

DSC_7415 (4).JPG

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yeah, the Civil War was a slaughter this year. Oregon had won about 10 in a row, then OSU finally won last year. Might be back to another 10 in a row. Beavers were horrible in football this year, winless in conference and only 1 win overall. Count yourself lucky you didn't get rained on. The Willamette Valley is quite well known for rain in the fall/winter. A little bit north up I-5 it looked like it rained the entire game in Seattle for the Apple Cup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom