A Final Thanks To This Team | The Boneyard

A Final Thanks To This Team

Reaction Score
This season was just such a different and special season. After the exodus at the end of last seaason and plethora of new faces, I was simply for hoping for this team to get to the second weekend of the big tourney. I thought Alleyne was going to help and questioned how much Diarra and Joey C. would contribute. I thought Newton was a wildcard and could not predict what the two stud frosh would bring to this team.
Then the season started and like everyone, I saw a team that was very capable of winning it all. Then the Big East hit. I was hard on few players, especially Jackson (not because I didn't want him, but we all see how great he can be). Then Hurley and the crew corrected course and bam, number 5 is especially sweet.
Several family members have been going through some serious health issues (the good news it looks like they all will be fine) and other drama. They were exactly what my family needed for a distraction and a pick me up at times. This UConn team is a special group. It's clear watching them. Again thanks for:

-Sanogo showing the world (including Kalkbrenner) why he was the preseason Big East player of the year
-AJ just wowwing the fans over and over again and doing everthing
-Newton for answering critics and the occasion triple-double
-Hawk... just no way to really describe how pretty that shot is
-Alex 'Frost' Karaban just being solid and having ice in his veins when the team needed him
-DC accepting the bench role and thriving coming in
-Alleyne not giving up as bad as things were goiing for him
-Joey California for the pretty shot and getting tougher on D as the year went on
-Diarra providing solid defense and moments of energy
-Springs and Johnson for providing some early season minutes when they were really needed

Hurley & Staff for having a vision with Sanogo and getting the players/shooters to want to come here and surround him with talent. And the bench for their hard work.

This team was amazing. You never knew who the hero(es) would be on any given night. They would get big contributions from different people all the time. They also seemed to genuinely love each other and would play for each other.

Thanks again for a special, unforgettable season.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yep, a rally today and a parade on Saturday and then this team is a wrap. Even the greatest highs and achievements must come to an end.

I hope they take max advantage of the time they have together these remaining days and then can cherish this forever.

So many good stories for each players. Some with several chapters and some with a couple of paragraphs. Each has the same ending. And what an ending.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24
Top Bottom