A few thoughts as the season wraps up... | The Boneyard

A few thoughts as the season wraps up...

Reaction Score
I realize we're all cranky and upset that our beloved Huskies didn't make it to the finals, but here are a few thoughts on the season...

1. I can't remember the last time I've seen this many laughs and smiles from the team and coaching staff. This group really cares about EVERY individual within the team. It has really reinvigorated the program and their chemistry is palpable. ?

2. For such a young group, they accomplished SO much this year: a successful return to the big east championship, tremendous growth throughout the year, and multiple national awards ?

3. 13 straight final fours. I mean...come on (quoting Aaliyah) Our historical run continues and the future is SO bright. It's only going to get better...?

4. Despite the injuries and health concerns, everyone made it through the season alive. And we got to experience a tournament this year. ?

5. Yes, this is a message board, but this is OUR team. OUR extended family. So before posting stuff criticizing players' performances tonight, let's show a little empathy right now. Keep posting about what made this season so great and why we love all of our players and coaches. This is still the BEST women's basketball program of ALL time. And the ride is far from over. ?

6. After watching the "undefeated" series this year, it's so clear that the UConn experience has never been about "the number of games we win by 40+ points."The memories and relationships created within this program mold these young adults into tremendous individuals who impact the world. Fact. ?

6. "Together!" ?

"In a world where you can be anything...be KIND"

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The post game comments are what I expected, but I truly appreciate the joy of watching UConn women's basketball. Yes I'm not pleased with the way the season ended, but this team gave it their all and just came up short. That doesn't erase all the good things that this very young team accomplished. Congrats on a very good season and I'll look forward to seeing them on the court in November.

Reaction Score
I realize we're all cranky and upset that our beloved Huskies didn't make it to the finals, but here are a few thoughts on the season...

1. I can't remember the last time I've seen this many laughs and smiles from the team and coaching staff. This group really cares about EVERY individual within the team. It has really reinvigorated the program and their chemistry is palpable. ?

2. For such a young group, they accomplished SO much this year: a successful return to the big east championship, tremendous growth throughout the year, and multiple national awards ?

3. 13 straight final fours. I mean...come on (quoting Aaliyah) Our historical run continues and the future is SO bright. It's only going to get better...?

4. Despite the injuries and health concerns, everyone made it through the season alive. And we got to experience a tournament this year. ?

5. Yes, this is a message board, but this is OUR team. OUR extended family. So before posting stuff criticizing players' performances tonight, let's show a little empathy right now. Keep posting about what made this season so great and why we love all of our players and coaches. This is still the BEST women's basketball program of ALL time. And the ride is far from over. ?

6. After watching the "undefeated" series this year, it's so clear that the UConn experience has never been about "the number of games we win by 40+ points."The memories and relationships created within this program mold these young adults into tremendous individuals who impact the world. Fact. ?

6. "Together!" ?

"In a world where you can be anything...be KIND"
I can only echo your sentiments. It has been a joy to watch this team this year...

Reaction Score
I have never been so surprised by a freshman's performance than I was with Paige's. Yes, she was supposed to be good. But what freshman guard has ever carried her team to the Final Four? Without Paige, this team would have lost a minimum of half a dozen games, and not made it out of the Sweet Sixteen, if that.

And though less of a surprise, Edwards showed that she's an All American in the making. Tough game against Arizona. But don't forget the beatdown that Tina Charles suffered as a sophomore in the tourney. She came back to be a AA the next year.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I have been a devoted fan of UConn WBB since 1995, thoroughly enjoying the sustained excellence of the Huskies. But I can honestly say there has never been a more important season than this past one. Through a dark winter, when my wife and I put our lives on hold, like millions of people, UConn WBB games were a “life line” that provided joy and hope for so many.

I am extremely thankful for all the hard work and sacrifices made this year by the players, coaches and support staff.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have never been so surprised by a freshman's performance than I was with Paige's. Yes, she was supposed to be good. But what freshman guard has ever carried her team to the Final Four? Without Paige, this team would have lost a minimum of half a dozen games, and not made it out of the Sweet Sixteen, if that.

And though less of a surprise, Edwards showed that she's an All American in the making. Tough game against Arizona. But don't forget the beatdown that Tina Charles suffered as a sophomore in the tourney. She came back to be a AA the next year.
I love Aaliyah Edwards's game and can't wait to see how she develops. When Napheesa Collier graduated, I didn't think I'd see a motor like hers again, but here is Edwards just a couple years later proving me wrong.

But I have a question: if a Canadian woman is named an All-American, do we have to change the name of the award to All-North American? ?

Reaction Score
I have been a devoted fan of UConn WBB since 1995, thoroughly enjoying the sustained excellence of the Huskies. But I can honestly say there has never been a more important season than this past one. Through a dark winter, when my wife and I put our lives on hold, like millions of people, UConn WBB games were like a “life line” that provided joy and hope for so many.

I am extremely thankful for all the hard work and sacrifices made this year by the players, coaches and support staff.
This is fantastic!!! Thank you!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom