A few questions seeking answers | The Boneyard

A few questions seeking answers

Reaction Score
Can anyone confirm that the March 27 UCONN game is at 7 PM? That is the best info we're able to come up with, and we have to tape that Monday game.

Are there any Yarders on Cape Cod this time of year and, if so, in what towns, and what are your favorite dining spots in or out of your town?

Lastly, we don't get HBO but are both eager to see the series on UCONN; does anyone know when the series wraps up and whether there are or will be alternative ways to access it? Very low tech over here. Thanks and stay well.

Reaction Score
Given that the other regional final that night is in Stockton, it is a safe assumption that Bridgeport game will be the early one of the night.

Reaction Score
yes. my ticket's upstairs and too lazy to check, but I'm virtually certain.

Reaction Score
It is 3/27 7:05 pm ET
1.png

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If Uconn makes the FF the last episode will be Wednesday after the final I believe - if they don't, last episode is likely a week from this Wednesday.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Given that the other regional final that night is in Stockton, it is a safe assumption that Bridgeport game will be the early one of the night.

ESPN doesn't care. They usually pick the late game based on the best projected ratings. My guess is they are waiting to see who wins before they announce the times.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Lastly, we don't get HBO but are both eager to see the series on UCONN; does anyone know when the series wraps up and whether there are or will be alternative ways to access it? Very low tech over here. Thanks and stay well.

Last year's HBO "March to Madness" (on the Gonzaga men) is available for purchase on iTunes and Amazon. I would guess that the UConn series will similarly be available to purchase for download eventually.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
/]p
ESPN doesn't care. They usually pick the late game based on the best projected ratings. My guess is they are waiting to see who wins before they announce the times.

Looks like I was wrong. Common sense will prevail if this information is correct:

NCAA Division I Women’s Championship Regional Coverage Continues on ESPN and ESPN2 - ESPN MediaZone

Regional Finals

Sun, Mar 26 Noon Lexington Regional Final
Beth Mowins, Deb Antonelli, Allison Williams ESPN / WatchESPN

7:30 p.m. Oklahoma City Regional Final
Pam Ward, Gail Goestenkors, Kaylee Hartung ESPN / WatchESPN

Mon, Mar 27 7 p.m. Bridgeport Regional Final
Dave O’Brien, Doris Burke/Kara Lawson, Holly Rowe ESPN / WatchESPN

9 p.m. Stockton Regional Final
Dave Pasch, LaChina Robinson, Molly McGrath ESPN / WatchESPN

Reaction Score
Thanks for the answers, folks. Been on the road and first chance to express my appreciation.

Reaction Score
Back in the day, this would be considered bad juju. Now it's just reality. :)

Reaction Score
Not sure I really follow that particular juxtaposition, though i sure am from back in the day;). Am uncertain about what the "this" is referencing.

Reaction Score
Not sure I really follow that particular juxtaposition, though i sure am from back in the day;). Am uncertain about what the "this" is referencing.

Juju was something that was more popular on the old ESPN board, but was referenced on the old boneyard before this one as well. It basically means you're jinxing the team by looking past the next team they have to play.

Reaction Score

I think it's that the Monday evening game is not yet officially a "UConn game" because UConn has not yet won the game that they must win before that one!

Reaction Score
I think it's that the Monday evening game is not yet officially a "UConn game" because UConn has not yet won the game that they must win before that one!

Absolutely correct. I do not believe in superstition though and always hated that phrase. In my opinion results come from the players hard work and dedication and not just sheer dumb luck.

Reaction Score
Juju was something that was more popular on the old ESPN board, but was referenced on the old boneyard before this one as well. It basically means you're jinxing the team by looking past the next team they have to play.

DAWS: knew about "juju" - just didnt get the connection with reality. BUT, of all things, when I awoke this morning, it was THERE for me in splendid clarity. Not only that, but accompanied by a likely explanation of why it didn't come to me right off the bat: am so certain that Meyers has all the mojo/juju stuff smothered under his blanket that it isn't even on my radar as an issue of concern. All said and done, I'm goin' with your " reality" -- go Huskies!
PS: DR WEO, thanks for chiming in on this also.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom