A decade into the Rent... | The Boneyard

A decade into the Rent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That was easily the worst game played on the grounds. USF is beyond horrendous. That anyone could lose to them at home is hard to believe.

It's hard to even fathom a school like UConn could field a team this bad. There are scout teams around the country who would drill them.

Reaction Score
That was easily the worst game played on the grounds. USF is beyond horrendous. That anyone could lose to them at home is hard to believe.

It's hard to even fathom a school like UConn could field a team this bad. There are scout teams around the country who would drill them.

The defense looked good.

Boyle didn't look all that special. Clock management was sketchy again.

Barring a complete turnaround, this whole staff is gone sometime in December.

Reaction Score
Uh whaler that was an upgrade from 2 weeks ago we r not as bad off as that

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Uh whaler that was an upgrade from 2 weeks ago we r not as bad off as that

Brother you have no clue how bad USF is. If you can't see that I have no idea how to help you along...

Reaction Score
Brother you have no clue how bad USF is. If you can't see that I have no idea how to help you along...

South Florida is horrid. I thought we have suffered through some tough receiver corps over the years. Receivers dropped passes or the qb was throwing a power curve. That was a bad offense.

Reaction Score
South Florida is horrid. I thought we have suffered through some tough receiver corps over the years. Receivers dropped passes or the qb was throwing a power curve. That was a bad offense.
Call bs on that 2 running game fine 6 drops

Reaction Score
Bro they r better than buffalo

They are not better than Buffal0 (which is also a very poor team). South Florida is atrocious. Believe me, I have watched several of their games due to gambling interest.

Reaction Score
Lol sure they are.
And better than cincy. Face it we are on georgia state level of football talent now. Lol! Maybe a better correlation of our talent is Southern Miss.

Reaction Score
USF is beyond bad. Our defense held them to 6 points. We ran on them and had open receivers who dropped a couple of TD's and several other drive killers.

We did what we were supposed to do except catch passes. It's a bit dramatic to act as if we are worse than USF.

One has to wonder if the way Boyle throws the ball, i.e., too much zip, ball comes in at a different angle, etc., has something to do with the drops. I'm not smart enough to know the answer, though some of the drops were just that, drops.

Why the sideline was not telling Boyle to spike it is beyond me. I didn't notice anyone frantically telling him to spike it.

Bad use of time out's at the end cost the team at least 60 seconds.

Reaction Score
U
One has to wonder if the way Boyle throws the ball, i.e., too much zip, ball comes in at a different angle, etc., has something to do with the drops. I'm not smart enough to know the answer, though some of the drops were just that, drops.

I have always said if you are a D 1 receiver, if you can touch the ball, you should catch the ball. And good D 1 receivers do just that. When Spencer Parker dropped a perfectly thrown bullet for a td, I was thinking the exact thing you just wrote. Parker couldn't make the catch because it came in like a rocket. He absolutely should have caught it though, no excuse. And in that situation, unlike some others, Boyle had tho zip it in there.

Reaction Score
I've said for too long now . . . Until learns to play D-1 offense they go nowhere. They need to use 25 scholarships for offense. Those players not good enough go on the defensive side of LOS.

Reaction Score
USF is beyond bad. Our defense held them to 6 points. We ran on them and had open receivers who dropped a couple of TD's and several other drive killers.

We did what we were supposed to do except catch passes. It's a bit dramatic to act as if we are worse than USF.

Why the sideline was not telling Boyle to spike it is beyond me. I didn't notice anyone frantically telling him to spike it.

Bad use of time out's at the end cost the team at least 60 seconds.

Unprepared at the end. Two coaches short on the staff, and first time head coach. THat's what I chalk that up to. Learn from it. SHOW that youv'e learned from it in the future, that's what I"ll look for.

As for the rest, Boyle is significantly taller than Whitmer, and has a different throwing motion. Release point is higher, and there will be less arc on the ball than from Whitmer, especially on short throws outside to the hashes. The ball will be coming in line drive, or almost downward angle than from Whitmer, and they will have to get used to it. His footwork wasn't great on some throws. THe ball goes high, when you don't get your feet right, and hips rotated into the throw.

All things that can be corrected.

I said this last week, and I'll say again. He was able to line up under center, and not the guards, read the D, and make good choices for most of the game. THe 4 minute drill at the end was a disaster though. Bad throws, bad reads. He was very, very, very lucky not to get picked off at the end.

But you know what - if that's they way it's going to be - I'll take it. Learn from it. SHOW that you learn from it.

Don Shula said.: "Yeah, you need a lot of luck in football. Not having a good quarterback, is bad luck."

I don't know if our luck has changed, but today, there were signs it might have.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Yeah... In Week 1 this squad lost to a FCS school... and then in Week 7 we lose to an in-conference foe with TWO WINS!?!? This year's team just isn't all that great- and a lot of it has to do with the fact that the last 2 and a half years have been spent under PP/GDL running this program like a friggin' NFL team and destroying the program.

Good things are ahead friends. If not this season, next, a new HC, and Tim Boyle as our QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom