A day with UConn's Geno Auriemma [Merged thread] | The Boneyard

A day with UConn's Geno Auriemma [Merged thread]

Reaction Score

A day with UConn's Geno Auriemma: A lot of practice, basketball philosophy and banter with Paige Bueckers​

Nice long Mike Anthony Article from CTINSIDER: including Twin Power Quotes from Paige and Nika and a companion YouTube Video

It’s warning, preparation. Bueckers enters the office. She is wearing the protective boot.

“You don’t need to put a scout on me,” she says.

Muhl is with her. “His eminence,” is her greeting.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
1624546996326.png

We need a staffer to pick out the gray ones.

Reaction Score

A day with UConn's Geno Auriemma: A lot of practice, basketball philosophy and banter with Paige Bueckers​

Nice long Mike Anthony Article from CTINSIDER: including Twin Power Quotes from Paige and Nika and a companion YouTube Video

It’s warning, preparation. Bueckers enters the office. She is wearing the protective boot.

Great article. Love the banter with Coach, Paige and Nika.

Sorry to see Azzi is still having discomfort with her foot injury, hopefully she is ok once the season starts. Has got to be frustrating for her after dealing with the knee injury.

CL82

Reaction Score
Lol at the "wonder twin powers activate" reference in there.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Any chance you can send the YouTube link separately. Thanks

CL82

Reaction Score
Any chance you can send the YouTube link separately. Thanks
FWIW, the paper is running a free CTinsider promo. So you should be able to get it by clicking on the link.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
FWIW, the paper is running a free CTinsider promo. So you should be able to get it by clicking on the link.
Yes but I am not in my normal environment and can't access it so the direct YouTube link

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Insightful and informative without being pretentious, I believe this is the best-written piece I've read by a local UConn reporter.

CL82

Reaction Score
Here is the link to the Wonder Twins in Geno's Office:

Geno Auriemma with Paige Bueckers and Nika Muhl​

Who thinks at the end of every summer workout Paige says "I am going to go upstairs and mess with coach. Anyone want to come?"

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The part of the article that deals with the pressure the kids are under is sobering. Inconsolable crying after a win! We tend to forget about the pressure. Then there is Laurel and Hardy! I wonder how Izzi fits in with those 2.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
What a great article. At the same tie very insightful. You can see the relationship between a coach and two of his stars. It's a wonderful thing! You can also see the respect that both sides have for each other.

There is a reason UConn has been so successful under Geno.

Reaction Score
Amazing article. The relationship between Geno, CD and the staff are responsible for their success. If you don't want to try your hardest, the door is open for you to go somewhere else. "Do or do not. There is no try." Couldn't have said it better myself.

Reaction Score

Outstanding! Thanks for sharing. I wish I could be a fly on the wall when these ladies arrive in Geno’s office. I’m laughing just thinking about it.

Reaction Score
We as fans need to realize what the players and coaches go through ( how hard they work and what they have to deal with) they put in a lot of time and effort for a sport they love, and we as fans love, I for one enjoy and appreciate all of their efforts no matter the outcome they are still my team!! I hate to rush summer but I also can't wait to watch them play.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Uh-huh

“I tell these guys, whatever [the public] says great about you, it ain’t true. Whatever they [criticize] you about, it ain’t true. You’re going to be exalted when you’re good. You’re going to be cut to pieces when you’re bad. The only thing that matters is, are you proud of your effort?”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom