A Couple of Geno Facts I Didn't Know | The Boneyard

A Couple of Geno Facts I Didn't Know

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Here is a video of a speech by Jackie MacMullen, who wrote a Geno book, In Pursuit of Perfection. A lot is about NE pro teams, but this bit about Geno provides a couple of glimpses of the young kid I had never heard before. I found it interesting. It's just 3 or 4 minutes. The first bit is about how we almost didn't get Geno in America. Ends around 13:30 mark.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Nice clip. She did share some things I did not know about Luigi err, Geno. She is a revolving panelist on ESPN's Around the Horn.

Reaction Score
Here is a video of a speech by Jackie MacMullen, who wrote a Geno book, In Pursuit of Perfection. A lot is about NE pro teams, but this bit about Geno provides a couple of glimpses of the young kid I had never heard before. I found it interesting. It's just 3 or 4 minutes. The first bit is about how we almost didn't get Geno in America. Ends around 13:30 mark.

Tears came to the eyes---I thought I knew EVERYTHING Geno--.
The burn scars on Geno--made him tough.
I looked at the Census reports about relatives coming from Quebec Prov Canada cica 1915/20 and few went beyond 2nd grade. Most became carpenters/cabinet makers--go figure few professions use fractions as often and conversion as that one does.
I'm a bit older than Geno's Mom and while the Depression was the pits me and mine were OFFERED a HS education- and I was born in repressive United States of America /Ct.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Nice clip. She did share some things I did not know about Luigi err, Geno. She is a revolving panelist on ESPN's Around the Horn.

I listened to the whole thing and she sure has been around. I liked what I saw. Can't say I've ever gotten much out of Woody and Co. on the Horn .

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I listened to the whole thing and she sure has been around. I liked what I saw. Can't say I've ever gotten much out of Woody and Co. on the Horn .

Me too. I like MacMullan, as you say, she's been for a while, and "around the horn" a few times as well. As for Woody, he's one of the audience's and the producer's favorites. Once you get use to him and his "shtick", he's hard not to like. I've been a fan of that show since its debut. I like Mr. Tony and his sidekick that follow ATH as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom