A couple nice stats | The Boneyard

A couple nice stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Against Harvard the Huskies allowed offensive rebounds at a 25% clip (8 offensive rebounds on 32 misses). I think that's a decent number considering Harvard actually has a couple good big men and 14 of the misses were on 3-pointers which are more likely to give a long rebound favoring the offense. At the very least it represents a vast improvement over the previous game or two.

8 turnovers is also excellent. Granted, Harvard doesn't exactly play pressure defense but they took pretty good care of the ball. Consdering UConn also had 8 steals that's pretty much a wash. Harvard who I believe is thought to take very good care of the ball had 10 turnovers.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
I think these stats were pretty impressive because Harvard definitely dictated the pace. It was basically a grind-it-out game for the entire 40 minutes but UConn was able to adapt and pick its spots. It will be interesting to see if UConn can keep the offensive rebounding going when the pace starts getting quicker and AO and AD are running up and down the floor.

I think Harvard has the ability to win a game or two in the NCAAs this year with their unique style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox
Top Bottom