A Confusing, Infuriating Finish For Huskies (Jeff Jacobs) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A Confusing, Infuriating Finish For Huskies (Jeff Jacobs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Another thing - there needs to be recognition to the QB that a certain amount of leadership is expected on the field. Getting the team out of the huddle quickly - knowing when to spike the ball

We were out of bounds. There was no point in clocking it. After the last play Navy just piled on and there was no way Johnson would have been able to get set to clock it.

Reaction Score
>>"I'm just describing the final seconds, because I know you're going to ask, as you should. And I know UConn Nation wants to know, as they should. All I'm doing is giving the explanation without even reviewing it. I'm recapping in my mind what I lived in that moment. I'm not even sure if I'm all spot on. I haven't even had a second. I addressed the team and came up here."<<

I believe Coach probably has a much clearer vision of the cluster that occurred after watching the tape (which he admits he hadn't seen yet prior to post game presser)... I want to see if the explanation changes during next week's call w/ media.
Only problem is the media here sucks so they won't remember what happened

Reaction Score
The media will make no mention of the Navy game and it be on to the Virginia game. Those brave trailblazers we have in the local media have no guts to back Diaco into a corner so they will focus on the upcoming game.

C

Chief00

You need counseling. Seriously, trying to pin any of this on BS? Do you need help looking at your health insurance to see if getting someone to pronounce you clinically insane is covered?
So in your view of football a QB doesn't need to exhibit leadership on the field or a situational understanding of the game. Sorry, all great or good QBs have these traits. If you read maybe ten other posts of mine yesterday - I was very critical of the coaching. I started my post with the phrase "another thing" which points to that. It's clear you have gotten no closer to a huddle than Section 241 - because it's clear you have no understanding of the game.

Glad I am not a client of yours with your emotional hysterics and lack of basic logic. Not a good recipe for good outcomes.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
We should be the first team in the nation to hire an on field clock management strategist

Reaction Score
I agree and why no talk about that poor under thrown ball that cost a TD? Or replacing the awful punter

Another thing - there needs to be recognition to the QB that a certain amount of leadership is expected on the field. Getting the team out of the huddle quickly - knowing when to spike the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom