A Coach’s Challenge | The Boneyard

A Coach’s Challenge

Reaction Score
What happens to a team that has a super star on it? Does she raise the level of her teammate’s play or do they put things in auto drive because they know who will lead them to victory. Over the past season and a handful of games, I think we have seen both. But, so far this season I believe that most would agree that the play of this team is not up to the level we expected.

So, now the question is..What happens to a team that loses a super star? Some of Geno’s comments …”Paige has to shoot more” Paige needs take control of the game.” “I don’t like this team without Paige on The floor” tells me the coach now has a very challenging job on his hands because he fell into the “super star” trap that made everyone else a supporting actor.

There is no doubt that the talent is there to win these upcoming games. They have the ability to raise their game. All we need is for the coach to rise with them and instill the confidence and motivation that they should have had from the get go.

Reaction Score
As is this team should be favored to beat everyone on the remaining schedule except SC. Maybe for UCLA or Louisville some coaching "magic" will be needed (and neither of those teams are all that good), for the conference schedule any loss would be an upset.

So no, Geno doesn't need to pull miracles out of a hat. All of his starters have experience with the Uconn playbook and system. No extra coaching up there. Getting them rest may be a puzzle until Azzi and Aubrey and Nika return so the subs will have to put their practice skills to work and do the best they can. Geno can control some things during a game - he can't make shots or get rebounds.

Reaction Score
What happens to the team depends on the "team." Some respond; other don't.
We'll certainly find out how this particular team responds tomorrow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom