A Chance To Win Them All | The Boneyard

A Chance To Win Them All

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A sorta whimsical welcome home story about Katie Lou. Miller: Katie Lou Samuelson and No. 1 UConn bring more hoops history to Pauley Pavilion – Orange County Register

Sorry if it is a repeat.

“Our fans are pretty dedicated,” she said. “If I go somewhere, there’s definitely going to be some people, especially younger girls, who really look up to us and recognize us.

“I appreciate that as a player, and I know that’s not always the case for women’s basketball. Being in a place like this is an amazing thing to be a part of.”

And now, the Huskies are a road show, top-ranked and walking into a basketball building as historic as Pauley Pavilion."

Reaction Score
A sorta whimsical welcome home story about Katie Lou. Miller: Katie Lou Samuelson and No. 1 UConn bring more hoops history to Pauley Pavilion – Orange County Register

Sorry if it is a repeat.

“Our fans are pretty dedicated,” she said. “If I go somewhere, there’s definitely going to be some people, especially younger girls, who really look up to us and recognize us.

“I appreciate that as a player, and I know that’s not always the case for women’s basketball. Being in a place like this is an amazing thing to be a part of.”

And now, the Huskies are a road show, top-ranked and walking into a basketball building as historic as Pauley Pavilion."

If it were posted prior to this---this article deserves to be repeated

That desire to succeed has been pushed even further by UConn coach Geno Auriemma, who famously challenged Samuelson early in her freshman year by asking, “Five hundred shots a day … what does that prove?”

She chose to play for Auriemma – both Bonnie and Karlie starred at Stanford – in part because she wanted to be tested in such ways but also because, as a competitor, she had grown helplessly fond of winning.

“I wanted to pick a place where I’d have a chance to win every single game I played in,” Samuelson said. “I’ve gotten that opportunity here. So, I do appreciate it.”

I wasn't the guy in the grocery store that had to leave when he saw katie Lou in that BOOT--but had I been, I'm sure the tears would have flooded Uconn pond (Crystal's Lake?). At this advanced age emotions tend to be just below the surface--and while I love them all dearly, and Walker is moving up my love list, Katie Lou for all obvious reason is my special one--as is SUE--you never forget your first love!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If it were posted prior to this---this article deserves to be repeated

That desire to succeed has been pushed even further by UConn coach Geno Auriemma, who famously challenged Samuelson early in her freshman year by asking, “Five hundred shots a day … what does that prove?”

She chose to play for Auriemma – both Bonnie and Karlie starred at Stanford – in part because she wanted to be tested in such ways but also because, as a competitor, she had grown helplessly fond of winning.

“I wanted to pick a place where I’d have a chance to win every single game I played in,” Samuelson said. “I’ve gotten that opportunity here. So, I do appreciate it.”

I wasn't the guy in the grocery store that had to leave when he saw katie Lou in that BOOT--but had I been, I'm sure the tears would have flooded Uconn pond (Crystal's Lake?). At this advanced age emotions tend to be just below the surface--and while I love them all dearly, and Walker is moving up my love list, Katie Lou for all obvious reason is my special one--as is SUE--you never forget your first love!!

Yup you found the title tease. Pretty compelling temptation is it not? I really, really, really, no really ... like this team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson
Top Bottom