A Box of Rocks? | The Boneyard

A Box of Rocks?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
After being part of the BY for a few years, I today found something that I should have discovered sooner for those of us with less than 20/20 vision. Just scroll to the very bottom of the page and touch on the text at the extreme lower left. This opens up an option for enlarged text. Wonderful. Why it took me so long to trip over this is beyond me. Or, for that matter, how did I avoid learning this when others likely posted about it. In any case, I love the larger font.

Reaction Score
After being part of the BY for a few years, I today found something that I should have discovered sooner for those of us with less than 20/20 vision. Just scroll to the very bottom of the page and touch on the text at the extreme lower left. This opens up an option for enlarged text. Wonderful. Why it took me so long to trip over this is beyond me. Or, for that matter, how did I avoid learning this when others likely posted about it. In any case, I love the larger font.
Thanks, BigBird, that worked great for me and now it is so much easier to read!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yes. Thanks. I missed it the first time when trying to follow your instructions so I thought this visual may help others.

1550083337121.png

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Wow what a difference this makes, now I can sit back comfortably and read the BY. Thanks BigBird I owe you one!:p:p

Reaction Score
Best post of the year!

Reaction Score
Wow, so, so, so much better...! Thank you...!!!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
You are a bigger bird in large font! ;)

Last edited:

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Well done.
1550090045594.png

Reaction Score
OMG! I'm 75 going on 100 and been getting injections in my eyes the last few months. This really, really, really helps. Thanks.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score

Good find!

Also, in pretty much every type of web browser, pressing and holding the 'Ctrl' key and pressing the '+' (plus) key will magnify the entire web page. There are up to 9 levels of magnification, depending on the browser. Pressing and holding the 'Ctrl' key and pressing the '-' (minus) key will do the reverse, allowing you to get more of a web page on you display screen. (Good for images)

Pressing and holding the 'Ctrl' key and pressing the '0' (zero) key will return the magnification to the default.

The magnification setting will remain if you navigate to a new page, but will not affect other tabs in the same browser.

Note that if your device does not have a separate 'plus' key, you can use the key with '=' (equal) and '+' (plus) on it. You do not need to use the shift key to acces the plus in this case.

Have fun!

P.S. Just did a little testing and it appears the "Larger text" button does things in a different way. Ctrl+0 does not bring the text back to the default size if you have used it. You must use Ctrl+plus or Ctrl+minus in that case.

Reaction Score
Good find!

Also, in pretty much every type of web browser, pressing and holding the 'Ctrl' key and pressing the '+' (plus) key will magnify the entire web page. There are up to 9 levels of magnification, depending on the browser. Pressing and holding the 'Ctrl' key and pressing the '-' (minus) key will do the reverse, allowing you to get more of a web page on you display screen. (Good for images)

Pressing and holding the 'Ctrl' key and pressing the '0' (zero) key will return the magnification to the default.

The magnification setting will remain if you navigate to a new page, but will not affect other tabs in the same browser.

Note that if your device does not have a separate 'plus' key, you can use the key with '=' (equal) and '+' (plus) on it. You do not need to use the shift key to acces the plus in this case.

Have fun!

P.S. Just did a little testing and it appears the "Larger text" button does things in a different way. Ctrl+0 does not bring the text back to the default size if you have used it. You must use Ctrl+plus or Ctrl+minus in that case.
I'm sorry, what?

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
I'm sorry, what?

The instructions I gave are for a physical keyboard -- most mobile devices don't have a 'Ctrl' key.

If that's not your problem, just play around with pressing and holding the 'Ctrl' key at the bottom left of your keyboard while you hit the '+' (plus) and '-' (minus) keys at the right end of the number row. To reset to the default magnification, press and hold 'Ctrl' and hit the '0' zero key.

Reaction Score
OMG! I'm 75 going on 100 and been getting injections in my eyes the last few months. This really, really, really helps. Thanks.
I get those injections. Vision getting better but I will be so happy when I no longer have to get that damn shot!

Reaction Score
The instructions I gave are for a physical keyboard -- most mobile devices don't have a 'Ctrl' key.

If that's not your problem, just play around with pressing and holding the 'Ctrl' key at the bottom left of your keyboard while you hit the '+' (plus) and '-' (minus) keys at the right end of the number row. To reset to the default magnification, press and hold 'Ctrl' and hit the '0' zero key.
No. That's not my problem. My problem is more of a generational thing. I didn't grow up with computers and some aspects are still a little vague@

Reaction Score
That's OK P. I didn't get exposure to PCs until my forties and now I know enough to be dangerous. It was how you adapted to the mainframes, PCs, notebooks, tablets, and phones.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom