A boost for us to P5 conf | The Boneyard

A boost for us to P5 conf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No disrespect to sportz edge but when we see this type of article only here, not on espn.com or in usa today or in sports illustrated, it only gets us UCONN heads excited about the talk of us potentially being in the P5, nobody else... Hopefully we'll show better execution going forward on offense , along with winning. That'll attract others that we probably need to convince to get that invite...

Reaction Score
No disrespect to sportz edge but when we see this type of article only here, not on espn.com or in usa today or in sports illustrated, it only gets us UCONN heads excited about the talk of us potentially being in the P5, nobody else... Hopefully we'll show better execution going forward on offense , along with winning. That'll attract others that we probably need to convince to get that invite...
The story doesn't come form the "sportsedge" it comes from the Wall Street Journal. Which, last time I checked, was a much more credible financial source than Sports Illustrated or the USA Today.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-much-is-your-favorite-college-football-team-worth-1452473476

Reaction Score

I wouldn't toot our horn at these "monetary values". The value isn't even 10% of Ohio State "worth" and of those who we surpass in value, a large portion are from the AAC, most of which have a perceived value of less than 2% of Ohio State. Those in P5 which have a perceived worth less than UConn.....they are already in P5 and won't be kicked out. If they were, UConn does not bring enough "worth" to replace them.

Fair or unfair, it is what it is.

I will agree with Ktuck911........execution, winning, and beating OOC P5 teams will be the only thing that moves the needle.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't toot our horn at these "monetary values". The value isn't even 10% of Ohio State "worth" and of those who we surpass in value, a large portion are from the AAC, most of which have a perceived value of less than 2% of Ohio State. Those in P5 which have a perceived worth less than UConn.....they are already in P5 and won't be kicked out. If they were, UConn does not bring enough "worth" to replace them.

I will agree with Ktuck911...execution, winning, and beating OOC P5 teams will be the only thing that moves the needle.
Right and what we are worth compared to Ohio State means absolutely zero. And Rutgers proved that winning isn't all that important.

Sorry, but you just dropped a turd in a punch bowl for no reason at all. The point is that we would add value to a P5 conference above and beyond many of the current members.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Just think what our value would be if we were in a P5 conference? You would see more revenue coming from attendance, television, etc. We would be much higher on the list - but look - as long as we are ahead of BC, Rutgers, Pitt, etc. it is something to to be happy about.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

I will agree with Ktuck911...execution, winning, and beating OOC P5 teams will be the only thing that moves the needle.
Ohio State?! We compare quite favorably to a number of our peers... Both P5 and G5. Given our situation that's terrific. Put us on equal footing as them and I'd go out on a limb and say that our value would climb substantially. Smarter people than I are sure to see that as well.

Reaction Score
And remember, this is just assessing value to UConn's football program (which is rebounding after a few down years under PP). We're not even factoring in the value of the rest of the Athletic Department, which would blow away the value some of those P5 schools that are "inside the club."

This ^^^ (from same topic/different forum (CR)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom