A Boneyard Special New Year's Eve Poll: The Super 16 | The Boneyard

A Boneyard Special New Year's Eve Poll: The Super 16

Reaction Score
Last edited:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
That's way too ambitious -

Teams I do expect to see in the top 16 include Texas, SC, LSU, Iowa, Baylor, Stanford, Ohio State, Louisville, NC State, Notre Dame, Baylor, UCLA, UConn, another PAC 12 team or 2, and others to be determined.

It is a limited group of "every year" teams, although staying power over the years has been more limited - UConn now and in their day Tennessee were just so impressive in earning high seeds every year. Most of the above are in the "every year" category, I don't think any of them are dropping off the table this year.

But with conference play just starting, its a bit early to really know. Between the teams that really played a soft schedule and those that have had some "oopsies" that may or may not mean something, I don't think we really know "enough" to rank them.

I may never do a ranking, but I'll feel better about my opinions when we get towards the end of January, more or less 2/3 of the season.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I like the idea. If Charlie Creme can start a year in advance, I'll brave starting 3 months in advance. But not till Sunday's games are over.

Should we just do a list of 16 or do it by seeds 1-4?

Reaction Score
I like the idea. If Charlie Creme can start a year in advance, I'll brave starting 3 months in advance. But not till Sunday's games are over.

Should we just do a list of 16 or do it by seeds 1-4?
One through 16 ranking is good enough but if you want to adjust by how you think they will be seeded, feel free to do so.

Reaction Score
Two big days of games remain until ballots are due.

Really excited by Saturdays lineup - especially PAC

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Here's a ballpark guess:

South Carolina
UCLA
Iowa
Stanford

NC State
LSU
Baylor
UConn

Indiana
K State
Notre Dame
Colorado

Texas
Louisville
Marquette
Virginia Tech

Reaction Score
1. South Carolina
2. UCLA
3. NC State
4. Stanford
5. Iowa
6. Baylor
7. LSU
8. UConn
9. Colorado
10. Notre Dame
11. USC
12. Texas
13. Indiana
14. Marquette
15. Virginia Tech
16. Utah

Reactions: mmt
Reaction Score
SCar
UCLA
Stanford
Iowa

NC State
Gonzaga
UConn
Baylor

LSU
K-State
Indiana
Utah

Texas
SoCal
Notre Dame
Maryland

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
1's: South Carolina, UCLA, Iowa, Stanford

2's. Baylor, NC State, LSU, Colorado

3's UConn, Indiana, Kansas State, Texas

4's Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Southern Cal, Ohio State.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Albany 1Portland 1Albany 2Portland 2
1 South Carolina
2 Colorado
3 UConn
4 West Virginia
1 UCLA
2 Kansas State
3 LSU
4 Indiana
1 NC State
2 Iowa
3 Texas
4 Utah
1 Baylor
2 Stanford
3 Notre Dame
4 USC

Reaction Score
Snapshot:

We had five public pollsters and three private ones. Here are the 16 leading vote getters . The one and two seeds plus two of the three seeds got votes from all 8 pollsters. Starts splintering after that. I’ll give a more in depth breakdown this evening including scoring and others receiving votes.

1 Seeds
SCar
UCLA
Stanford
Iowa

2 Seeds
Baylor
NC State
LSU
UConn

3 Seeds
Texas
K-State
SoCal
Indiana

4 Seeds
Colorado
Notre Dame
Louisville
VaTech

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Snapshot:

We had five public pollsters and three private ones. Here are the 16 leading vote getters . The one and two seeds plus two of the three seeds got votes from all 8 pollsters. Starts splintering after that. I’ll give a more in depth breakdown this evening including scoring and others receiving votes.

If I would have known there was a private option, i would have submitted it that way. A few teams not listed might have popped up.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
If I would have known there was a private option, i would have submitted it that way. A few teams not listed might have popped up.
Hmm. Public voting should perhaps be required

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
The danger with public voting is that the brain inevitably and unconsciously anchors around what it's just seen. I tried really hard to avoid reading this thread once folks started posting their responses, because I knew it would influence mine. I think the benefits of no anchoring bias outweigh the potential risks of "motivated" voting (especially when there's honestly not much at stake here).

@visitingcock, thanks for running this. Interested to see that the BY faithful think more highly of Stanford than I (or AP voters) do!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

kjames.jpeg

Reaction Score
I really don’t think High Point deserved a 2 seed. But nobody objected to be giving a vote to the Xags in that spot

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The danger with public voting is that the brain inevitably and unconsciously anchors around what it's just seen. I tried really hard to avoid reading this thread once folks started posting their responses, because I knew it would influence mine. I think the benefits of no anchoring bias outweigh the potential risks of "motivated" voting (especially when there's honestly not much at stake here).

@visitingcock, thanks for running this. Interested to see that the BY faithful think more highly of Stanford than I (or AP voters) do!
A private vote hadn't occurred to me either. I'm with you, didn't look at the Boneyard after the games yesterday before posting my list.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom