A Bit of AAC Schedule News | The Boneyard

A Bit of AAC Schedule News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
According to a tweet from the AAC, UConn will play Houston and Memphis only at home and UCF and Cincy only on the road.

Ckb47QHWsAA8G0l.jpg

Hey, I wasn't kidding with "bit" in the subject line :D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
According to a tweet from the AAC, UConn will play Houston and Memphis only at home and UCF and Cincy only on the road.

Ckb47QHWsAA8G0l.jpg

Hey, I wasn't kidding with "bit" in the subject line :D

It's a good bet that UCF & Cincinnati don't have a problem with not having to go to Storrs (a chamber of horrors) this season. :)

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
So how many games would that put us at for the season assuming we ran the table again (which I am aware is unlikely)? 38-ish

Reaction Score
You're allowed to play 30 regular season games, correct? That leaves us 14 OOC games which should really help us be battle tested going forward.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Our OOC schedule....as always...will be tough. Unfortunately the vast majority of those games
will be early....November or December. We had South Carolina down there last year in February as an outlier
and I hope we play at least one elite team late in the year this upcoming season.

Silver lining: our 3 frosh will have the opportunity to play top level opponents right from the
gitgo....if their practice play earns them time. How quickly Crystal adapts her talents to top level college ball
may well be a huge factor in how many OOC teams we beat.

Reaction Score
UCF, Cincinnati and Houston all get away with playing UConn and USF only once. Nice break for some teams that need one.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
You're allowed to play 30 regular season games, correct? That leaves us 14 OOC games which should really help us be battle tested going forward.
Well our OOC is already set @ 12 (with Charlie's Pre-Season 2016-2017 ranking predictions):

Home
No. 3 South Carolina
No. 5 Baylor
No. 6 Texas (at Mohegan Sun Arena)
No. 8 Ohio State
No. 21 DePaul
Chattanooga

Away
No. 1 Notre Dame
No. 7 Maryland
No. 15 Florida State
Kansas State
LSU
Nebraska

The SCar game will likely be another February game. UConn usually has 1 big OOC game in either January or February.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Well our OOC is already set @ 12 (with Charlie's Pre-Season 2016-2017 ranking predictions):

Home
No. 3 South Carolina
No. 5 Baylor
No. 6 Texas (at Mohegan Sun Arena)
No. 8 Ohio State
No. 21 DePaul
Chattanooga

Away
No. 1 Notre Dame
No. 7 Maryland
No. 15 Florida State
Kansas State
LSU
Nebraska

The SCar game will likely be another February game. UConn usually has 1 big OOC game in either January or February.

12 OOC games + 16 conference games = 28 games. UConn usually plays around 38/39 (including their 3 conference & potential 6 NCAA tournament) games a season. Is there a chance UConn will add two more games (or a tournament) to this schedule, or is this it? I know the official schedule is not released by the Basketball office until October, just before official team practice begins.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
isnt there the Colgate or Cal-Irvine type of teams on the schedule as well

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
12 OOC games + 16 conference games = 28 games. UConn usually plays around 38/39 (including their 3 conference & potential 6 NCAA tournament) games a season. Is there a chance UConn will add two more games (or a tournament) to this schedule, or is this it? I know the official schedule is not released by the Basketball office until October, just before official team practice begins.
I would expect something to be added. The magic number is 29, can play more with tournaments. Very, very few teams play less.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I would expect something to be added. The magic number is 29, can play more with tournaments. Very, very few teams play less.
Might as well get Iowa State, Oklahoma, or WV on the schedule to show the Big 12 what UCONN has to offer.

Carnac

Reaction Score
isnt there the Colgate or Cal-Irvine type of teams on the schedule as well

I was under the impression that UConn was suppose to come west to play UCLA in Pauley Pavilion this year, or is that next year? When UConn comes west (every other year), they always get a two for one.
That is, they usually schedule another game with a program in the local geographical area, i.e. Stanford & UC Davis or Stanford & Pacific. I don't think the Huskies are going to travel 2,512 (air miles - per google) miles to play one game.

Carnac

Reaction Score

A February date with their last OOC opponent has been the norm for the past several years. That seems to work well for UConn and their opponent. Not only does it give both sides something to look forward to in February (it's the biggest game on both team's schedule that month), it gives UConn a break from conference play, and it serves as a final tune up with a ranked opponent before the conference tournament.
This game also acts as a final barometer for the staff to judge exactly where the team is, and what areas need to be fine tuned before the end of the regular season.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Might as well get Iowa State, Oklahoma, or WV on the schedule to show the Big 12 what UCONN has to offer.
Unfortunately the B12 knows what The UConn has to offer. They just feel the B12 has more to offer The UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom