A bit frazzled... | The Boneyard

A bit frazzled...

Reaction Score
Just happened to get a new 65 inch Sony oled installed yesterday by the geek squad. I was able to download the fox sports app, and last night attempted to watch the replay of UConn/ Umass... but Comcast denied me. Will only broadcast apps from the xfinity platform.... can’t get fox sports on xfinity... so I guess I have to download a streaming app onto iPhone/iPad and then project it on tv via WiFi.... I downloaded ( btw: is it costing me to download These apps) fox sports on my iPhone, but can’t find UConn womens’ basketball.... I just downloaded Foxnow onto my iPad. I was able to watch the replay on my tv YouTube app, so I’m assuming that all UConn games will be replayed on YouTube... Comcast pisses me off, and the fact that I live in Massachusetts, an hour away from Storrs, ct, and I can’t , so far, see game live.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
As far as watching replays...did your tv come with an internet browser? If so, you should be able to go to the uconnhuskygames website and watch the game replays that way.
What is the difference between Comcast and Xfinity, is one your cable provider and the other your internet provider?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
By the way, be careful with what you watch early on with your OLED. Things such a logo's on the bottom right of news programs or sport programs, or scrolls at the bottom can cause burn in. For the first 100 baby your prize like nothing you've babied before.

Reaction Score
I went directly to YouTube APP and accessed by searching for the name of the game in the earlier post. I think it was UCONN vs UMass ......

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Perhaps this might help someone.

Our internet provider is Spectrum. We access the internet only, and have one email account with them. We subscribe to Hulu-live which we installed on Roku. When we install an app and use spectrum as our provider we're notified that we will need to upgrade our Spectrum account. Not going to happen.

When we tell the app our provider is Hulu we are given a process to verify our account and then it works.

We have Roku that we have installed a number of additional app in addition to what's running when you plug it in the first time. Some of our additional apps are Hulu-live, Fox Sports, Fox Sports go, ESPN. As well as a number of other apps like Hallmark channels for my mother inlaw.

I have a SBC with Kodi OS. I have ESPN3 installed and it's free.

On my desktop browser I can open my youtube account, open huskeygames games and when the link opens the game, I can then save them to watch later or create a folder to save game links in. Then I can open youtub on my TV and there they are.

My access to games are on 4 devices and multiple apps.

Reaction Score
Just happened to get a new 65 inch Sony oled installed yesterday by the geek squad. I was able to download the fox sports app, and last night attempted to watch the replay of UConn/ Umass... but Comcast denied me. Will only broadcast apps from the xfinity platform.... can’t get fox sports on xfinity... so I guess I have to download a streaming app onto iPhone/iPad and then project it on tv via WiFi.... I downloaded ( btw: is it costing me to download These apps) fox sports on my iPhone, but can’t find UConn womens’ basketball.... I just downloaded Foxnow onto my iPad. I was able to watch the replay on my tv YouTube app, so I’m assuming that all UConn games will be replayed on YouTube... Comcast pisses me off, and the fact that I live in Massachusetts, an hour away from Storrs, ct, and I can’t , so far, see game live.

Another satisfied Comcast customer. :rolleyes: With your brand new 65" Sony Oled TV you should be able to switch/bypass between Comcast/Xfinity and the "Smart" TV's built in Apps. Download Fox Sports App from the built in apps on TV (you would have to switch source switch on TV remote to the TV and not Comcast/Xfinity if it's set for one of the HDMI ports). From the downloaded Fox Sports app then you can login using your Comcast/Xfinity credentials.

I have an LG Oled 65" TV (2018) which has the built in apps. I frankly do not use the LG for their apps, only for the picture quality. I use a connected ROKU streaming device for all my live TV (YouTube TV, Netflix, Disney+ and other apps from ROKU, I find it much easier to navigate.

You seem to be the perfect candidate to "cut the cord" from Comcast/Xfinity and move to one of these live streaming services. Unfortunately you cannot cut 100% from Comcast, as you require their internet to run all of these other streaming services. I also cut Comcast cable TV portion a few years now but I need their internet.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom