A’Ja Wilson reveals her battle with dyslexia | The Boneyard

A’Ja Wilson reveals her battle with dyslexia

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A teammate of mine in college had dyslexia. What I learned from him was that an individual with that condition has to completely alter the way they learn in order to overcome the disability, to the degree that it's possible to overcome. A'ja deserves a great deal of credit for sharing her story.

Reaction Score
one of the very toughest challenges because:
1. it's often not correctly diagnosed
2. no matter how soon it's diagnosed, the person often suffers shame for "being different."

I've always liked and admired A'ja. There is just something about how she comports herself that suggests high character.

Reaction Score
This is just my opinion...so don't everyone go crazy about my comment. First I want to respectful of everyone who suffers with dyslexia. Having said that I find it a bit strange that A'ja Wilson & USC feel it is now the time to released this personnel information.
Just maybe the sympathy vote or referee calls will be in her favor.

Reaction Score
Her college career is coming to and end, either in this game or 2 more so I think this is the right time to show how strong this young lady is and has been throughout her young life. Sometimes it's not about the game.

Reaction Score
This is just my opinion...so don't everyone go crazy about my comment. First I want to respectful of everyone who suffers with dyslexia. Having said that I find it a bit strange that A'ja Wilson & USC feel it is now the time to released this personnel information.

Wow...Everything has an agenda with some people. If a UConn player would have done this that thought would never had cross your mind. It is called the Players' Tribune. A lot of players from different sports write these personal articles for them. I think Durr had done one recently. Tennessee fans, on one of their board, was saying Aja faked vertigo to rest up for the SEC tournament.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Did you know about this announcement before you read about it on the BY?
What makes you think the refs for tonights game would even know or care about this announcement?

thinkingCap.jpg

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I would think that she took the opportunity when it presented itself. Advocating for a good cause can only happen when people are listening. So I choose to believe that was her motive, and not some ulterior one. Besides, the refs for tonight's game were probably too busy traveling to pay attention. :)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Did you know about this announcement before you read about it on the BY?
What makes you think the refs for tonights game would even know or care about this announcement?

thinkingCap.jpg
CocoHusky, If you know where I can get one of these, please let me know. There are times I need some additional help. Maybe you could ask the Mods to make it available at the Boneyard store. There should be run on the store for these puppies. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom