9 Undefeated conference teams as we head into the last week of play | The Boneyard

9 Undefeated conference teams as we head into the last week of play

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
There are currently 9 teams with undefeated conference records:
UConn 15-0, Big East
Florida Gulf Coast 12-0 ASUN
South Dakota State 12-0 Summitt
Cal Baptist 12-0 WAC
Missouri State 11-0 MVC
South Florida 10-0 American
Stephen F Austin 9-0 Southland
Bucknell 8-0 Colonial
UC Davis 6-0 Big West

From a competitive basis, UConn, FGCU and USF should win out the season and conference tournaments but USF does has UCF twice in back to back games so depending what the refs allow for physicality, Jose could be in for a fight.

South Dakota State has been good all year but South Dakota and North Dakota State are also very good in the Summitt.
Missouri State has had way too many nail biters during these past few weeks which has me a bit concerned although I do think they are much better than any others in the Missouri Valley Conference.

Cal Baptist is ineligible but will win out the regular season. Not allowed in the conference tournament. Frankly, the others are below my radar to offer anything substantive on an opinion. We do have @triaddukefan who gleans us insight on the lesser southeast leagues here, perhaps we could get @Plebe to offer his Texas roots as our "Southland and Steven F Austin prognosis"?

Reaction Score
UCF vs USF is gonna be a battle, but USF shouldn't think about those games yet they gotta worry about Houston. That's very good team in the AAC.

UCF is in the last 4 in according to Charlie from ESPN.

Even though we're not in the AAC anymore I still watch the games

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
UCF vs USF is gonna be a battle, but USF shouldn't think about those games yet they gotta worry about Houston. That's very good team in the AAC.

UCF is in the last 4 in according to Charlie from ESPN.

Even though we're not in the AAC anymore I still watch the games
Are any of them on TV or are they all on ESPN+?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
There are currently 9 teams with undefeated conference records:
UConn 15-0, Big East
Florida Gulf Coast 12-0 ASUN
South Dakota State 12-0 Summitt
Cal Baptist 12-0 WAC
Missouri State 11-0 MVC
South Florida 10-0 American
Stephen F Austin 9-0 Southland
Bucknell 8-0 Colonial
UC Davis 6-0 Big West

Cal Baptist is ineligible but will win out the regular season. Not allowed in the conference tournament. Frankly, the others are below my radar to offer anything substantive on an opinion. We do have @triaddukefan who gleans us insight on the lesser southeast leagues here, perhaps we could get @Plebe to offer his Texas roots as our "Southland and Steven F Austin prognosis"?
I am pretty sure that CBU can, and will play, in this years WAC Tournament. They list the dates on their schedule web site. I believe they will play in the WNIT, if there is one, this year too.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure that CBU can, and will play, in this years WAC Tournament. They list the dates on their schedule web site. I believe they will play in the WNIT, if there is one, this year too.
They are ineligible for the NCAAT and as the WAC Tournament awards their winner the bid, they will not allow them to play in it otherwise they might not get a bid at all. Here's the quote from the WAC:
California Baptist is eligible for the WAC basketball tournament this year after a change in rules from the WAC Board of Directors, which changed the transition period from four years to two years to compete in the conference tournament.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Stephen F. Austin is a good team. What used to be a 3- or 4-team logjam at the top of the Southland has been replaced by the preeminence of the Ladyjacks.

The last two games on SFA's regular season schedule loom large: Abilene Christian and Sam Houston State, likely the next two best teams in the conference. But SFA already beat both teams convincingly, winning by 21 at Huntsville and by 35 at home over SHSU. And that 21-point win over ACU was their closest conference game so far. To say they've been dominant this season would be an understatement.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Stephen F. Austin is a good team. What used to be a 3- or 4-team logjam at the top of the Southland has been replaced by the preeminence of the Ladyjacks.

The last two games on SFA's regular season schedule loom large: Abilene Christian and Sam Houston State, likely the next two best teams in the conference. But SFA already beat both teams convincingly, winning by 21 at Huntsville and by 35 at home over SHSU. And that 21-point win over ACU was their closest conference game so far. To say they've been dominant this season would be an understatement.
I watched SFA play earlier in the week vs Central Arkansas Sugar Bears. I was underwhelmed by SFA. There was no smoothness to their play and CA is an 8-12 team. The game was tied after 3 quarters and at that point I didnt know who was 18-2 and who was 8-12. The 4th quarter SFA blew out the game. They forced 30+ turnovers, mostly with a press, and it wasnt a hard full court press either. They also had 20 turnovers for themselves. I know it was only one game, but nothing impressed me as they were a team that could win a first round game, or be competitive. The Southland Conference is one of the bottom conferences, ranking wise. It looks like all of their conference games are by 20+ points

I will watch another game, if I can, to see if something looks different.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
The Southland Conference is one of the bottom conferences, ranking wise. It looks like all of their conference games are by 20+ points
Y'all just wait until Do'bee develops her group of Lady Colonels. They'll threaten for the Southland crown, if not next season, in the next 8 years.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
They'll threaten for the Southland crown, if not next season, in the next 8 years.
You gotta love an 8 year plan. I think that's what my Washington Huskies are doing. Only halfway there, so I just need to be patient for another half decade.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
South Dakota State has been good all year but South Dakota and North Dakota State are also very good in the Summitt.
Already swept both.

edit--only have the Fightin' Roos of UMKC left.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Missouri State won again tonight along with USF for both to remain undefeated. Mizzou State has done very well since Kelly left for Tenn. That assistant coach has done well with x’s and o’s And will definitely get an opportunity elsewhere in the near future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom