#9 Baylor in a dog fight with #18 Oklahoma | The Boneyard

#9 Baylor in a dog fight with #18 Oklahoma

Reaction Score
Damn, announcer just said OK didn't get in until 7:15 to play the game. The game was delayed

Reaction Score
Damn, announcer just said OK didn't get in until 7:15 to play the game. The game was delayed
Because of bad weather, they arrived at like 7:15 and tipped off less than 30 minutes after, they didn’t get to warm up much.

It was impressive for OU. Baylor is a good team but not great. They show glimpses but then go through major lapses often. The defense is a significant drop off from previous years (which they use to be known for)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
If the season ended today, Baranczyk would be my pick of National Coach of the Year. They're in first place in the Big 12 with a real shot to win the regular season crown. Pretty remarkable considering the conference is the strongest it has been in over a decade, and she's accomplishing this with the same batch of players who couldn't find any success under Coale the last 2-3 years.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

Nikki sounds madddd over OU being late to the game. Um :rolleyes::rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Nikki sounds madddd over OU being late to the game. Um
Maybe she should've stayed w/ Atlanta, where there were no expectations and no pressure.

That kinda sounded like she was complaining about the officials there. Does the Big 12 like to fine coaches like the Pac 12 does?

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
That’s was a brutal press conference Jesus. Attacked the refs half the time, attacked OU for the delay, etc

I think she’s feeling the pressure.
I know…. It was very cringe.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
That’s was a brutal press conference Jesus. Attacked the refs half the time, attacked OU for the delay, highly passive aggressive tone etc

I think she’s feeling the pressure.

Seriously, that press conference gives me zero confidence that Collen is cut out for this job. Yikes. I've seen middle schoolers with more emotional maturity than that.

Reaction Score
Seriously, that press conference gives me zero confidence that Collen is cut out for this job. Yikes. I've seen middle schoolers with more emotional maturity than that.
I get it’s frustrating to lose, hell Kim wasn’t the most graceful coach when she lost but that entire attack on OU really rubbed me the wrong way. That seemed a bit next level than getting mad at the refs. We don’t know the circumstances on why they had to leave when they did, it was simply unprofessional on her part. Handle that behind closed doors, don’t go to the media and launch a full attack on them and essentially blame the delay with the refs for the loss

Reaction Score
It was inevitable that the level of Baylor would drop with Mulkey leaving not just because of the loss of her as the coach, but her reputation counted a lot in respect to recruiting. She left the cupboard bare. recruiting wise. It's almost like the new coach is starting from scratch.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
It was inevitable that the level of Baylor would drop with Mulkey leaving not just because of the loss of her as the coach, but her reputation counted a lot in respect to recruiting. She left the cupboard bare. recruiting wise. It's almost like the new coach is starting from scratch.
Well actually Kim had two transfers signed, plus the #13 recruit coming in who all three bolted when Kim took the LSU job. The two transfers ended up at Syracuse and the recruit landed at Arkansas. So I wouldn’t really say she left it bare, because they have talent. It’s just that Nicki couldn’t hold on to all the recruits Kim had signed. Which isn’t Kim’s fault.

Reaction Score
Baylor lost Dauda, Gusters, Carr, Kamaria couldn’t shake the knee injury. Hell they were rumored to be the leader of a couple other transfers before the coaching change happened. I don’t think it would be near as thin if she stayed but welcome to the world of coaching changes and losing a hall of fame coach.

Transfer portal could really help them this off-season or hurt. It’s a two edge sword these days

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Whoa. Some major sour grapes. I caught the end of the game and wondered why Nikki gave Baranczyk one of those limp noodle handshakes at end of game.

Also noticed that goofy "bear claw" salute the Baylor Bear players gave to crowd. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Wow! She was pissed! Wonder how OK’s coach reacted to that diatribe?

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
You know that the refs you know suck and you know we didn't play you know a good game you know I did you know the right thing...
This is so funny to me because I get to listen to many of my better half's work calls and you know, she talks the same way. Bothers me a lot for some reason.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom