8v8 high school football coming to northeast | The Boneyard

8v8 high school football coming to northeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Look out for small prep schools moving toward 8v8 football next year. Multiple reasoning, but mostly to academically and athletically sound to provide meaningful, competitive football among schools with smaller student bodies that value well rounded 3 season athletic experiences.

Should be interesting to see if it works. Lots of small schools all over the place, and 8v8 players are just as successful as any other in moving up the competition level.

Reaction Score
Look out for small prep schools moving toward 8v8 football next year. Multiple reasoning, but mostly to academically and athletically sound to provide meaningful, competitive football among schools with smaller student bodies that value well rounded 3 season athletic experiences.

Should be interesting to see if it works. Lots of small schools all over the place, and 8v8 players are just as successful as any other in moving up the competition level.
I think that Post College in Waterbury has been playing this for a couple of years now. There were billboards advertising it in the Waterbury area last season.

Reaction Score
I think that Post College in Waterbury has been playing this for a couple of years now. There were billboards advertising it in the Waterbury area last season.

Post play "Sprint Football" Coach. There are still 22 players on the field except they all have to be under ?175lbs maybe a tad less. Fun, quick game to watch.

Reaction Score

Lots of 8v8 high school football out west. Sprint football has been around for a long time. The academies and ivy's foster it, but different. Weight limits and height limits on paper. 8v8 is different. No size restrictions, and various possible formations, but usually a 3man OL and DL.

As we all know from the past few years, recruiting enough players for the trenches on both sides is pretty important. Small high schools, with small student bodies, and especially small private preps competing, have trouble.

I think its a great idea for northeastern prep school football, and we'll see if it catches any wind in the sails.

Reaction Score
Hmmm... I wonder if Parrish Hill HS (Chaplin, CT area) would do it... I think that school doesn't have a team - or part of a co-op team - yet. I might be wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom