87 year old UConn fan loses sentimental UConn hat in Houston | The Boneyard

87 year old UConn fan loses sentimental UConn hat in Houston

Reaction Score
Reward offered to find it. Anyone in Houston see it?

Watertown resident Robert LaBonne Sr., 87, cheered on the UConn Huskies in Houston last Saturday when they took on Miami in the Final Four game (before going on to win the whole championship on April 3). He wore his Huskies hat adorned with more than 50 pins, commemorating decades of him going to UConn games. It weighs about nine pounds.

The Huskies came home with a victory, but LaBonne Sr. came home without his hat. Now, his son, Bob LaBonne Jr., is offering a $500 reward to whomever returns it.

Alternate free link:

87-year-old UConn fan lost sentimental hat at Final Four game. His son is offering a $500 reward for it.

Reaction Score
Now this is bad mojo right here. Hope he gets it back.

Reaction Score
I'm offering another $1500 for the safe return of Mr. LaBonne Sr's favorite lid.

For real, for real.

@HooperScooper PM me when needed.
I have nothing to do with this. You should reach out to the person who wrote the article and maybe she can connect you with the LaBonnes.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mr LaBonne is a nice man, I was surprised to see he was still alive. Used to work at his store when I was in high school over 25 years ago. Hopefully he can get his hat back.
I have nothing to do with this. You should reach out to the person who wrote the article and maybe she can connect you with the LaBonnes.
Assuming this wasn’t misplaced sarcasm or puffery, you can reach her here:

Once you set this up with her, maybe ask her to see if her updated article can get posted in whatever is the Hearst newspapers affiliate in Houston.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

My bad, Hoop.

I've never logged onto and sort of social media in my life. 52yo, not trying to make a statement, just never had an interest. I've clicked every link for the reporter in that article and they all lead down rabbit hole's with no email or phone number, just hashtags and @'s. If anyone can help find an email address for her or the LaBonne family, please PM me.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
You're the best, Medic. Just emailed Bob Jr. Thank you.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Mr LaBonne is a nice man, I was surprised to see he was still alive. Used to work at his store when I was in high school over 25 years ago. Hopefully he can get his hat back.
Speechless

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom