82 Former players | The Boneyard

82 Former players

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Bobby Hurley Sr. is on The Michael Kay show on ESPN NY right now. He was just talking how Coach Calhoun really laid the groundwork for the program, very humble about that. Then he said it wasn't just the Emeka's and Kemba's who were at last night's game. He said a total of 82 former players were in attendance!

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Bobby Hurley Sr. is on The Michael Kay show on ESPN NY right now. He was just talking how Coach Calhoun really laid the groundwork for the program, very humble about that. Then he said it wasn't just the Emeka's and Kemba's who were at last night's game. He said a total of 82 former players were in attendance!
Which is so incredibly ironic, as I don’t believe Hurley Sr ever allowed any of his players at St Anthony’s to sign with Calhoun at UConn.

Reaction Score
Which is so incredibly ironic, as I don’t believe Hurley Sr ever allowed any of his players at St Anthony’s to sign with Calhoun at UConn.
I always remember hearing this but never knew any of the details. I know we missed out on his guys but is there more to this or just kind of speculation off an observation?

Reaction Score
I always remember hearing this but never knew any of the details. I know we missed out on his guys but is there more to this or just kind of speculation off an observation?
My guess…They are cut from the same cloth…kind like when the same poles of two magnets get too close they repel each other.

Reaction Score
82 is an incredible number if accaurate. Just amazing the support and family atmosphere that JC created in this program. Those alumni games at Mohegan used to be so fun as well. How many programs connect the past to the present this well? Truly something special. We as fans are ao lucky.

Reaction Score
This thread is useless without pics!!!! LOL

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I heard the interview and am even more impressed with the senior Mr Hurley than I was. He was very complimentary of JC and said that he sent kids to play for him at Northeastern.

I also believe that the two are far too similar in nature and character but I think the rumors of Hurley hating JC were merely internet speculation that took on a life of its own.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom