8-8-7-6-7 | The Boneyard

8-8-7-6-7

Reaction Score
That's the number of touchdowns given up in each of the first five games.

I think that CBS Sports had a graphic that showed UConn has given up the most points per game, in the first five games, of any team in FBS history.

The numbers are mind numbing.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Pair of 8s in the hole and two pair going into the turn card. What's your bet here given your odds on getting a full house or four 8s between the turn and river cards?

I'm thinking the turn is a 5 (Memphis) and the river is a 7 (USF). Given you know you're holding the highest pair possible in the hole, go all in.

Reaction Score
Pair of 8s in the hole and two pair going into the turn card. What's your bet here given your odds on getting a full house or four 8s between the turn and river cards?

I'm thinking the turn is a 5 (Memphis) and the river is a 7 (USF). Given you know you're holding the highest pair possible in the hole, go all in.
I would take a 5.

Reaction Score
Will be shocked if Memphis doesn't hang 70 on us again.

70 points, not TDs.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Will be shocked if Memphis doesn't hang 70 on us again.

70 points, not TDs.

Then it's a good thing we don't have Tulane on schedule this year!

Reaction Score
I thought maybe you were referencing this post
I second this. Watching Memphis Tulane last night gave me confidence. Need Pindell to keep the chains moving lll8ipmj
n
n

8mb p. Ui 8
the

O9*

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I look at it from the other direction

2-2-3-4-3. Roughly the number of times we didn't allow a touchdown per game.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This is a historically bad defense. We are completely overmatched at every level, every game. Memphis will be able to name their score.

To be completely honest, I'm amazed 20K suckers fans came out this past Saturday. I actually think the fact that UConn can still attract 20K to a game this season is more impressive than drawing 40K to our old Big East games. I'm completely serious.

Reaction Score
UConn +33
@Memphis

Actually a little more generous to us than I thought.

Reaction Score
Imagine if we still ran an uptempo offense. Opposing offenses could add on 2 more TDs per game.

Reaction Score
Imagine if coach played any upperclassmen on D. Playing the long game with frosh results in 8-8-7-6-7 TDs on the scoreboard and 1-2-3-4-5 fans in the seats.

Reaction Score
Imagine if coach played any upperclassmen on D. Playing the long game with frosh results in 8-8-7-6-7 TDs on the scoreboard and 1-2-3-4-5 fans in the seats.

Which specific upperclassman are missing from the field/rotation that would make a difference of a TD or two a game.

Reaction Score
Which specific upperclassman are missing from the field/rotation that would make a difference of a TD or two a game.
Edsall: it was the plan
Vindication feels good but it can only come after something bad.
I'm not saying I disagree with how this might help us in the long term. Facts are truth. We're inexperienced and lack strength on D. Fact is this makes for a miserable game experience. We fans just keep getting kicked in the nuts and are told to squint and take it like a man. The last thing a coach will care about is the fan.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying I disagree with how this might help us in the long term. Facts are truth. We're inexperienced and lack strength on D. Fact is this makes for a miserable game experience. We fans just keep getting kicked in the nuts and are told to squint and take it like a man. The last thing a coach will care about is the fan.

What can a coach do for the fan... if he doesn't have the strength, speed and experience on the field to contend with these offensive teams we played so far... we have the 11th hardest schedule so far in the nation.... wasn't expecting that all these teams offense was going to be this good. Every team we played have a min. 4-1 record with high power offense.... Hard to compete with a supper young team.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Then it's a good thing we don't have Tulane on schedule this year!

It was fun watching that game, about a mile from the Tulane campus last weekend. They played well.

Reaction Score

We knew for weeks that some of the underclassman who were playing would ultimately be redshirted (the overwhelming majority of underclassman who will lose their redshirt are on defense).

Back to my original ask - now that we know which underclassman are not an option, which of the upperclassman (Junior and above) who weren’t already in the rotation are going to make a significant difference?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
See today's Courant. Those numbers were put up against a team with a short-term focus not the long game.

Reaction Score
We knew for weeks that some of the underclassman who were playing would ultimately be redshirted (the overwhelming majority of underclassman who will lose their redshirt are on defense).

Back to my original ask - now that we know which underclassman are not an option, which of the upperclassman (Junior and above) who weren’t already in the rotation are going to make a significant difference?

Of course none will make a significant difference. Is 'significant' the only reason to put a better product on the field? Murphy should add some stoutness to the middle. Others who have a year or two in should make fewer glaring mental errors. Maybe I also shouldn't have said 'upperclassmen' as the only other options.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom