8/11: Post-practice Press Conference and Injury News (Coach Diaco) | The Boneyard

8/11: Post-practice Press Conference and Injury News (Coach Diaco)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good stuff.

Not liking the Knappe "day to day/week to week".

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
1 week to find out who wins QB battle - the day the 'yard' may implode/explode...

Matt Schonvisky @MattSchonvisky · 2h
Diaco has reinforced QB battle will be settled by Monday #UCONN

I like Casey but I really think its going to be Whitmer - the coaches wanted him to stay for a reason and I dont think it was to hold the clipboard - but I could be wrong.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Good stuff.

Not liking the Knappe "day to day/week to week".

Agreed - heard alot of good things - this seems like a step back.

Reaction Score
"Diaco: “We can operate our offese with any of the 3 QB’s, none will prevent us from winning, we can win with all 3."

I hope those weren't Diaco's words. If they were, at least he finished on a better note.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Really like these three nuggets too.

Matt Schonvisky @MattSchonvisky · 1h
“If you are on ‘the list’ you can’t participate, meaning if you don’t go to class, we can’t count on you to do the right thing on Saturday”

Let's hope that all of these young men realize how critical this is and that it is for their own benefit near term and for the long haul.

Reaction Score
Dez tweeted CB Jamar Summers has been getting in work with the first team defense.

Reaction Score
He said freshman running back Arkeel Newsome has more body mass and is physically stronger than he anticipated and that he may work his way into the mix on either punt or kickoff returns.

Ok with me. Less to think about.

Reaction Score
Figured we'd hear a little more from Lemelle. Made some great catches and ran some solid routes towards the end of the year.

Reaction Score
Figured we'd hear a little more from Lemelle. Made some great catches and ran some solid routes towards the end of the year.

I'm guessing he's going to redshirt. Lemelle is very talented but also very thin. We have excess depth at the position so moving him to a different class could benefit everyone.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing he's going to redshirt. Lemelle is very talented but also very thin. We have excess depth at the position so moving him to a different class could benefit everyone.
In his press conference regarding the WRs, HCBD said, that they will have 6-7 guys in the rotation.

Reaction Score
Any updates on Knappe's possible injury? Really hope he will be ready for the season-opener

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"Diaco: “We can operate our offese with any of the 3 QB’s, none will prevent us from winning, we can win with all 3."

I hope those weren't Diaco's words. If they were, at least he finished on a better note.
The quarterback won’t be a position that prevents us from winning. We can operate our offense with any of the 3.”

A little different take on the quote.

pj

Reaction Score
The quarterback won’t be a position that prevents us from winning. We can operate our offense with any of the 3.”

A little different take on the quote.

I don't see the difference.

pj

Reaction Score
Maybe we should interpret this quote a little differently. It might mean:

We can operate our offense with any of the 3. Whoever the quarterback turns out to be, he won’t prevent us from winning.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Poppycock. He's a prototype. :rolleyes:

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I wouldn't read too far into one sentence from the head coach. If he was talking about how all 3 QBs were capable of leading this team to greatness I'd be inclined to roll my eyes and assume the worst.

If nothing else Diaco has been honest in describing the roster's talent level. In the past I think it's fair to say that the QBs have prevented this team from winning. That won't be the case this year according to Diaco. That's a plus. I understand it's a negative presentation of this idea but at it's base meaning it is an improvement over the last few years with the exception of a few games here and there.

Reaction Score
Really reading between the lines here but see the quote about how if none of them separate themselves skill wise the start will come down to intangibles? Really makes me think Casey gets it because if you believe what he's said no one has separated, and I believe Diaco has said Casey is the one with the intangibles. Leadership, poise, decision making. Gotta be Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom