75" plus TV | The Boneyard

75" plus TV

Reaction Score
Looking to pull the trigger on a bigger TV for media room (75"-85"). Will be used for sports watching and gaming. I'm wondering if I can leverage the wisdom of this boneyard crowd to source the best one for my money. Trying to say low on price since it seems TVs might be a bit more commodified of late, not really able to go out and look at TVs in person so any thoughts/insights would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looking to pull the trigger on a bigger TV for media room (75"-85"). Will be used for sports watching and gaming. I'm wondering if I can leverage the wisdom of this boneyard crowd to source the best one for my money. Trying to say low on price since it seems TVs be a bit more commodified of late, not really able to go out and look at TVs in person so any thoughts/insights would be greatly appreciated.
What were you looking to spend

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
What games are you trying to play? You shouldn't game on a TV as the refresh rate on a tv is too slow compared to a monitor. If you are playing sports games this matters much less but if its any shooting type of game this makes a pretty significant difference.

Reaction Score
What games are you trying to play? You shouldn't game on a TV as the refresh rate on a tv is too slow compared to a monitor. If you are playing sports games this matters much less but if its any shooting type of game this makes a pretty significant difference.

My kids PS4 games, mostly NBA2k, FIFA and Fortnite

Reaction Score
Tells his wife absolutely nothing.

Boneyard: so I’m staring at this 75” monster at Walmart...

BY response:
1584481458753.gif

Reaction Score
Looking to pull the trigger on a bigger TV for media room (75"-85"). Will be used for sports watching and gaming. I'm wondering if I can leverage the wisdom of this boneyard crowd to source the best one for my money. Trying to say low on price since it seems TVs might be a bit more commodified of late, not really able to go out and look at TVs in person so any thoughts/insights would be greatly appreciated.

what games you play

Reaction Score
Samsung has great OLED models to choose from and the best models come with 5 year warranties. Make sure it's a 4K and look for ones (like the top of the line Samsungs) that upscale pictures of lower quality to make them look like they're 4K (well, maybe).

One big thing for sports and gaming is "motion rate". Buy one with a 240 rate so you won't have any motion artifacts like you will with a 60 rate or sometimes even with 120.

Here's a 75", 240 motion rate, Samsung at Best Buy. They also offer it in 82 ".

Let the Boneyard know what you bought and how you like it.

Reaction Score
I have been consistently told by those in the industry (both on manufacturer and retail sides) that Sony is what you want to buy for larger screen sizes (say 65" and up). I have a 55" LG OLED and a 75" Sony X950G. Obviously, the screen size difference makes it hard to compare but watching sports on the Sony is better than the LG.

Reaction Score
I have been consistently told by those in the industry (both on manufacturer and retail sides) that Sony is what you want to buy for larger screen sizes (say 65" and up). I have a 55" LG OLED and a 75" Sony X950G. Obviously, the screen size difference makes it hard to compare but watching sports on the Sony is better than the LG.

I think both Sony and Samsung are available at Best Buy and Sam's Club. Don't know about Costco. With no basketball, and thus lots of free time, I'd hit all three and see what they have and how they compare.

Reaction Score
Vizio was selling a bunch between 65-75” for pretty cheap. Something like $100 per 10” and pretty good quality. I’m also in the market for one. Maybe this crisis will show us dirt cheap deals. Also get UHD.
Lots of real estate to cover. How many pixels? Hope it's 8k or better.
Only buy LED great picture and uses a lot less electricity and I mean a lot less. Plasma also throws off lots of heat also.

Reaction Score
Sony or Samsung and not the base models, low refresh rate and minimal inputs and by all means buy a square trade 5 year warranty ( All State) if available. The new LED tv's are unrepairable for the most part, so after 1 year you basically throw them out if you have a problem or you get a new one or your money back for what you paid for it if you buy a warranty from a reputable company. I'm a Sony dealer and occasionally sell Samsung. Happy shopping

Reaction Score
Thanks to everyone for your comments and thoughts, I have not yet pulled the trigger on a TV but am looking closely at a 82' Samsung (Samsung QN82Q60RAFXZA Flat 82-Inch QLED 4K Q60 Series). Hoping prices might slip down a little lower but will probably buy it this weekend if not.

Reaction Score
Sony or Samsung and not the base models, low refresh rate and minimal inputs and by all means buy a square trade 5 year warranty ( All State) if available. The new LED tv's are unrepairable for the most part, so after 1 year you basically throw them out if you have a problem or you get a new one or your money back for what you paid for it if you buy a warranty from a reputable company. I'm a Sony dealer and occasionally sell Samsung. Happy shopping
We had our 4k LG (49") repaired by a computer swap out. Was still under warranty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom