75% In ... and There IS a Need For a Poll | The Boneyard

75% In ... and There IS a Need For a Poll

Will HCRE2.0 Be at UConn for a Fourth Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Just not the same poll that we have posted. We have seen a lot of speculation about a coaching change. This question is will he or won't he be at UConn next year. NOT whether you think he should be or shouldn't be. Rather, what do you think will happen?

Full disclosure, I voted Yes.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yes - but if he asks for an extension or has mass roster or coaching defections I could see a quick reversal.

Reaction Score
If he loses out I can’t see him coming back. Wouldn’t send the right message to donors and fans.

Reaction Score
He's coming back regardless of outcome. Its strictly a financial move to keep him here. If he is fired after the season, they better get Butch Jones on the phone

Reaction Score
He'll be back... Hopefully if nothing changes after 2020 someone will have the good sense to take the wheel and steer this Titanic away from the following season's iceberg.

Reaction Score
Anyone hearing otherwise? Any rumblings behind the scenes of Edsall being fired in December??

Reaction Score
Safe to say at this point that if he does get fired it'll be one helluva shock here. It is a definite possibility but looking distinctly unlikely.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I would hope AD Dave is doing a limited, conditional performance based extension if he is allowed to continue. Minimum 5 wins 2020 or no more dream job.
I'm not a Randy basher, but Randy hasn't earned an extension of any type. He gets another year to prove his worth and maybe another after that if there is material progress, but his agreement should not be extended until we are a winning team, minimally.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would hope AD Dave is doing a limited, conditional performance based extension if he is allowed to continue.

? His contract has already been executed back in July and terminates on Dec. 1, 2021 (original term. There was no extension needed.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm not a Randy basher, but Randy hasn't earned an extension of an type. He gets another year to prove his worth and maybe another after that it there is material progress but his agreement should not be extended until we are a winning team, minimally.

Agreed. He isn't getting fired until our situation stabilizes as an independent. He's too cheap. But he shouldn't be extended beyond his original term unless we see real improvement.

Reaction Score
I'm not a Randy basher, but Randy hasn't earned an extension of an type. He gets another year to prove his worth and maybe another after that it there is material progress but his agreement should not be extended until we are a winning team, minimally.
I’d prefer to dump him. But, in lieu of that I agree

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Money talks and we don't have any. So Randy stays unless someone finds a way to talk with money of their own.

Reaction Score
Who exactly is Dave Benedict going to get to replace Randy -- if Randy is let go. We are not Alabama or Clemson with coaches knocking at the door for any staff position. UConn head coach job is a tough role for anyone to fill now.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Who exactly is Dave Benedict going to get to replace Randy -- if Randy is let go. We are not Alabama or Clemson with coaches knocking at the door for any staff position. UConn head coach job is a tough role for anyone to fill now.

A shiny toy somewhere in DII or FCS is my guess. Someone that currently is a head coach. I think second possibility, albeit less likely is to go for a middle age retread - someone that has prior head coaching experience who has temporarily taken a coordinator job. We are still too close to the Diaco fiasco to stomach a coordinator with no prior head coaching experiment.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Money talks and we don't have any. So Randy stays unless someone finds a way to talk with money of their own.
You realize that UConn is a $4 billion entity with an annual income of $1 billion. Suggesting that we "don't have any money" is woefully uniformed.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
We continue to get destroyed by 40 each conference game. For 2 years now, but we have no money so keep doubling down on stupid.
AD Dave worked in the SEC. He did a good job indy scheduling. He will dump this fossil 12/2 or whatever date the 1 M buyout ends.

Reaction Score
Let's say we finished 5-7, this year. Still sending RE packing? We beat Wagner and UMass. And if Jack Zergiotis was a bit more on target anybody dispute we would have beaten Illinois and Houston? That makes us now 4-5 heading to Cincy (L) with ECU (W) and Temple (L) left. Edsall isn't going anywhere .

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Let's say we finished 5-7, this year. Still sending RE packing? We beat Wagner and UMass. And if Jack Zergiotis was a bit more on target anybody dispute we would have beaten Illinois and Houston? That makes us now 4-5 heading to Cincy (L) with ECU (W) and Temple (L) left. Edsall isn't going anywhere .
huh? NostiPollyanna? We are getting drilled every week. By 30-40. Who keeps a coach like that? Hmmmm
Nostical homer types do. Non big time football thinking doofuses

Reaction Score
Randy hasn't won an AAC game in over two years and yet some still want him back? Nothing from this year indicates that year 4 will be a anywhere close to a turnaround. Many here have #LoweredTheBar for Randy.

Reaction Score
No one wants him back. People understand there are no other options
We are getting drilled every week. Who keeps a coach like that?
I'm not arguing we should keep him, or that another HC wouldn't be a better answer. I'm telling you he's not going anywhere. The comment by DB about "player talent" is a pretty good hint. And as I mentioned above, we could have rather easily been 5-7 this year, despite getting drilled by 40 in other games. Given that overall scenario Edsall won't be going anywhere. At least for 2020.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You realize that UConn is a $4 billion entity with an annual income of $1 billion. Suggesting that we "don't have any money" is woefully uniformed.
Lets compare this reported income to the P5s pools of monies earmarked for the Athletic Departments
Saying that UConn has annual income of $1 billion is one thing but what about losses/expenses
Does UConn net $1 billion?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom