#7 UConn v. #9 Providence Friars (Friday 11/11/22 @ Schneider Arena @ 7p & Saturday 11/12/22 @ XL Center @ 3p). Both games on ESPN+. | Page 8 | The Boneyard

#7 UConn v. #9 Providence Friars (Friday 11/11/22 @ Schneider Arena @ 7p & Saturday 11/12/22 @ XL Center @ 3p). Both games on ESPN+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Understood. I’m one of those guys who will never let the Whalers go. Season-ticket holder with my dad starting with the move to Hartford in January 1975. I always enjoyed the community aspect of the team before the days of social media and the Courant was a big part of that. I had lunch the other day at Pepe’s with a friend I hadn’t seen in years and the first story he brought up was my run-in with Lyndon Byers at the Pour House in Boston when I mentioned Torrie Robertson. All good memories!
I had season tickets for a few years as well, but as much as I hated to, I had to let the Whale go. I followed them from the WHA days. They were the reason I found hockey. Wish I still had all the memorabilia that hung in my room as a kid. I do have a nice signed edition of Gordie Howe’s autobiography “And Howe”, but I bought that a few years ago.

Reaction Score
Comments from Nate Leaman, Coach: Providence Hockey

His team went up 3-0 and he's complaining about losing points in Hockey East because Providence couldn't win a shootout that's a tough look

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I watched their penalty shot attempts and the word “weak” comes to mind. For both teams.
You know what? We shouldn’t argue. We root for the same team. apologies.

Reaction Score
I had season tickets for a few years as well, but as much as I hated to, I had to let the Whale go. I followed them from the WHA days. They were the reason I found hockey. Wish I still had all the memorabilia that hung in my room as a kid. I do have a nice signed edition of Gordie Howe’s autobiography “And Howe”, but I bought that a few years ago.
Here’s the good news…..for all the great hockey games I saw at the HCC: Brawl at the Mall, Beating the Red Army, Dineen flying by Robinson, etc…..the best is yet to come. The Whalers were fun, but they never won. UConn hockey is on a trajectory to compete for a National Championship. Let’s sit back and enjoy the ride. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
His team went up 3-0 and he's complaining about losing points in Hockey East because Providence couldn't win a shootout that's a tough look

I'm wondering if the clip posted is just an excerpt. There was so much more to say about the game and the series than his opinion of the shootout. In some respects I'm inclined to agree with Nate, but I hope he also addressed the ferocious clutch games we just witnessed and how it was a terrific showcase for college hockey.

Reaction Score
You know what? We shouldn’t argue. We root for the same team. apologies.
I not arguing, I’m just stating what I saw. They just need to practice and stick with their strengths

Reaction Score
NO excuse for poor fan attendance next Saturday vs Lowell. There is no men’s basketball game, women’s basketball game or home football game to compete with. Students…….show up; pep band……show up; alumni…show up.

If we can draw 4,073 for an afternoon game opposite a home football bowl-eligible contest vs top-20 Liberty, we should approach 5,000 to remain atop the HE standings.

Reaction Score
NO excuse for poor fan attendance next Saturday vs Lowell. There is no men’s basketball game, women’s basketball game or home football game to compete with. Students…….show up; pep band……show up; alumni…show up.

If we can draw 4,073 for an afternoon game opposite a home football bowl-eligible contest vs top-20 Liberty, we should approach 5,000 to remain atop the HE standings.
student Thanksgiving recess begins on Friday

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
student Thanksgiving recess begins on Friday
They never show when class is in session, but this actually may result in more of them coming. They're home and can borrow mom and dads car for a quick run into Hartford. Unfortunately, I will be out of town. My second miss of the year.

Reaction Score
I was at the game last night.. when PC scored the noise was unbelievable. Just under 3000 in attendance. About 100 + Husky fans. What a brawl. Round 2 this afternoon. Imagine the sound in our new place in January. I’m just afraid of getting screwed out of my season tickets because I’m not enough of a high roller
Me too!

Reaction Score
Sure - love Bradley's style, but the zebras keep their eyes on him and the call thirty seconds into the game was marginal and imo based in part reputation. But, there's definitely a different vibe with this team. They didn't quit and in the end I was thrilled that the dogged determination helped pick up Sergeev and the whole crowd. Their "no quit" effort and attitude picked up the whole damn building!
Hopefully I don't sound like a homer, but am I the only one who feels UConn gets penalized more often the other teams and more ticky tack calls against them. Not debating the major, but earlier in the second what to me looked like a boarding wasn't called then Pearson gets a major for the same thing.

Reaction Score
I know I’m late on this but I will never not go to a PC UConn game again. Last year was an unbelievable physical MMA fight this year was the year of the never say die huskies. Insane game, decent sized crowd just wished more people knew how unbelievably entertaining these Hockey East games are on a game by game basis…

Reaction Score
Hopefully I don't sound like a homer, but am I the only one who feels UConn gets penalized more often the other teams and more ticky tack calls against them. Not debating the major, but earlier in the second what to me looked like a boarding wasn't called then Pearson gets a major for the same thing.
No shame in being a "homer". A solid, hard working, no quit team brings that out in the best of us. BTW, The Friars take mandatory acting classes and they sell outrage to the likes of Zebra Potvin... That said, Pearson's hit was, at the least, provocative and didn't really accomplish much. But, he gets a pass because overall he is a great addition to the team in so many respects. Importantly, I don't think Cav will have to spend much time explaining this to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom