7-on7's- Is it legal for UConn | The Boneyard

7-on7's- Is it legal for UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I could be mistaken but didn't these, or don't they still, take place on campus already?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I could be mistaken but didn't these, or don't they still, take place on campus already?

I have no clue, obviously.

If they do, Houston has a problem if the one in New Canaan is the "best on the East Cost".

Reaction Score

PP ran one @ UConn on June 16th. By all reports it was very well attended.

It was won by Timber Creek Regional Football from Erial NJ

JULY 26@Kareem2Ali 16 Jun
UConn 7on7 tournament Champs! Balled out, came back with our goal! #HFTCP

aa.jpg

Reaction Score
Houston, we have a problem.

Why FL? - Because a hs football coach from Shenendehowa HS in NY said the New Canaan 7x7 was the "best on the East Coast" to a local reporter? (no intended disrespect towards Coach Marinelli @ New Canaan - class act and runs a great HS program)

I know a deli in New Haven that has the best Italian Combo sub on the East Coast (and I've been to a lot of deli's and eaten a lot of Italian Combos over the years)!

All subject to opinion.;)

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Why FL? - Because a hs football coach from Shenendehowa HS in NY said the New Canaan 7x7 was the "best on the East Coast" to a local reporter? (no intended disrespect towards Coach Marinelli @ New Canaan - class act and runs a great HS program)

I know a deli in New Haven that has the best Italian Combo sub on the East Coast (and I've been to a lot of deli's and eaten a lot of Italian Combos over the years)!

All subject to opinion.;)

You're right in a sense, Medic.

But why is the New Canaan 7x7 the first article I've seen here in Fairfield County? I may have missed a few but I read NewsTimes.com and national pubs daily and this is the 1st Connecticut 7x7 mention I've ever seen.

I'm a 16yr UCFB season ticket holder and I'm saddened that our supposed 7x7 hasn't been more advertised and promoted.

Reaction Score
You're right in a sense, Medic.

But why is the New Canaan 7x7 the first article I've seen here in Fairfield County? I may have missed a few but I read NewsTimes.com and national pubs daily and this is the 1st Connecticut 7x7 mention I've ever seen.

I'm a 16yr UCFB season ticket holder and I'm saddened that our supposed 7x7 hasn't been more advertised and promoted.

The UConn/Paul Paqualoni's 7x7 are part of the recent high school single day/week-end camps (I think the 7x7 happen under Team Passing Day Camp and not a competition per se as with Grip It and Rip It ) and was publicized pretty heavily. I read there may have been only a few openings left about a week out.

Since most participants may be targeted recruits - you won't see UConn coaching staff making comments about the kids that were there I imagine and are limited in their actual participation. Competitions run by High School Coaches don't have to be as cautious.

There were a few articles last year (http://courantblogs.com/uconn-footb...ing-states-set-to-compete-at-pasqualoni-camp/) but I did not see many mentions this year (outside Twitter/Facebook chatter from kids that went.)

Reaction Score
Your confusing 7x7 camps that are well attended with media coverage. (Enter HFD stage left.) You can open up the Courant and read about Larry Brown, Addazio, and Ambrose, but they, and other outlets, simply dont cover UConn football.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
The NFL runs a 7on7 competition. My bet is they run the best one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom