7 national broadcast games upcoming | The Boneyard

7 national broadcast games upcoming

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
According to ESPN, we have 7 nationally broadcast games this year. 6 on FOX and 1 on CBS.

Every single weekend to end the season we have a nationally broadcasted game.

@ Creighton 1/23 FOX
@ St John’s 1/31 FOX
H Seaton Hall 2/6 FOX
@ Xavier 2/13 FOX
@ Nova 2/20 FOX
H Marquette 2/27 FOX
@ Georgetown 3/6 CBS

Sure beats playing Tulane on ESPN+

Reaction Score
According to ESPN, we have 7 nationally broadcast games this year. 6 on FOX and 1 on CBS.

@ Creighton 1/23 FOX
@ St John’s 1/31 FOX
H Seaton Hall 2/6 FOX
@ Xavier 2/13 FOX
@ Nova 2/20 FOX
H Marquette 2/27 FOX
@ Georgetown 3/6 CBS

I don't think anyone on this board wants the AAC experience, or would ever want to go back to it, but we'd be hypocrites for not pointing out what this board argued in the early years of the AAC. We once had 16 national regular season games on ESPN/ESPN2/ and CBS. When UConn devolved, we lost the national airplay we used to have.

At the time, we argued that being on ESPN2 was infinitely better than being on FS1.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone on this board wants the AAC experience, or would ever want to go back to it, but we'd be hypocrites for not pointing out what this board argued in the early years of the AAC. We once had 16 national regular season games on ESPN/ESPN2/ and CBS. When UConn devolved, we lost the national airplay we used to have.

At the time, we argued that being on ESPN2 was infinitely better than being on FS1.
Is what it is. I’ve definitely talked myself into staying in many toxic relationships

Reaction Score
Is what it is. I’ve definitely talked myself into staying in many toxic relationships

Like I said, we're out, and they're not pulling us back in.

Reaction Score

@ Creighton 1/23 FOX
@ St John’s 1/31 FOX
H Seaton Hall 2/6 FOX
@ Xavier 2/13 FOX
@ Nova 2/20 FOX
H Marquette 2/27 FOX
@ Georgetown 3/6 CBS

Even when you are on pay tv (cable) it's still a national boardcast.

Also, those listing are FOX or FS1. To be determined. Can't listen to ESPN.

Reaction Score

2 of the last 4 nations champions have played most of their games on FS1 or FS2. It has zero impact in my opinion. ESPN is a sinking ship long term. If you want to hear them gush about the ACC and how great they are then it’s a fine network, but they do a pretty poor job of covering college bball outside of the ACC. They’ve become less concerned with covering up their love for the ACC in recent years to the point where the network (for me) is almost unwatchable.

Reaction Score
2 of the last 4 nations champions have played most of their games on FS1 or FS2. It has zero impact in my opinion. ESPN is a sinking ship long term. If you want to hear them gush about the ACC and how great they are then it’s a fine network, but they do a pretty poor job of covering college bball outside of the ACC. They’ve become less concerned with covering up their love for the ACC in recent years to the point where the network (for me) is almost unwatchable.

ESPN is a sinking ship long term, yet for other reason not listed.

Reaction Score

Just talking about reach and ratings.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Even when you are on pay tv (cable) it's still a national boardcast.

Also, those listing are FOX or FS1. To be determined. Can't listen to ESPN.

Maybe, but there are still games with TV TBD and games specifically designated FS1 vs FOX. I’d assume ESPN wouldn’t have just “guessed” on those and leave others TBD. But I could be wrong.

And yes, technically all those channels are “national” TV, but playing on the broadcast channel is far superior for 2 reasons.

1) anyone with even basic cable (or antenna) can get the game.

2) we get cross promotion for those games during other prime time events in ways that FOX/CBS wouldn’t cross promote games they have scheduled for FS1/2 or CBSsports. The more expose during prime time events is clearly better for our brand.

Attachments

• 71C15BAC-804E-45BD-89CB-CA9D3926666E.jpeg
    71C15BAC-804E-45BD-89CB-CA9D3926666E.jpeg
    587.8 KB · Views: 118
Reaction Score
Jan. 23

UConn at Creighton looks to be a game that will be placed on FOX. 2:30pm or 5pm. With Illinois at Michigan State and UCLA at Stanford all on FOX that day.

DePaul at Marquette and Providence at Villanova will be on FS1.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

You are ignoring the fact that the AAC contract changed. The initial American contract supposedly traded money for exposure. Teams were paid less but that got national exposure. The current contract for the American gives those teams neither the national exposure of the original contract nor the money P5 teams receive. That was the catalyst Connecticut leaving the league.

Posters who suggested that the old American contract provided greater exposure than the Big East can also argue that the new American contract provides less and be correct both times.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

@ Creighton 1/23 FOX
@ St John’s 1/31 FOX
H Seaton Hall 2/6 FOX
@ Xavier 2/13 FOX
@ Nova 2/20 FOX
H Marquette 2/27 FOX
@ Georgetown 3/6 CBS

6 of 7 games on a Saturday. That is another big difference between the AAC and this schedule - many of those games would be Sunday afternoon affairs.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The first media deal was what it was, but it slays me that such a great TV man, as Aresco was thought to be, got so little for what he thought was so much. ESPN never waivered. They thought of the AAC as filler content, treated it as filler content, and extended the deal for less than filler content value. I'm still surprised they did not re-open the contract when UConn jumped.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom