7 games that will shape the AAC season

Temple @USF
Navy @ Tulsa
SMU @ Houston
Navy @ Memphis
Memphis @ Houston
Houston @ USF
USF @ UCF

Man, it seems like everyone and their mother thinks South Florida is the only good team this year in the East. I understand why you'd pick them as a favorite with Flowers back at QB but with a new coach & system and losing Mack you have to assume the gap can't be THAT large between them and everyone else right?

Reaction Score
I didn't get that impression from that article.

"Last year, USF lost just one conference game. That game was to Temple and because of the loss, the Owls represented the East in the championship game instead of the Bulls. This matchup will set the tone for the conference season for both teams and will mark the team to beat in the East."

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I didn't get that impression from that article.

"Last year, USF lost just one conference game. That game was to Temple and because of the loss, the Owls represented the East in the championship game instead of the Bulls. This matchup will set the tone for the conference season for both teams and will mark the team to beat in the East."
I just meant every game on the list that involves a team from the East has USF involved in it. Plus they've been getting tons of national publicity as a team that will probably start in the preseason Top 25.

Reaction Score
Picking them in the top 25, and/or as the team to beat =/= calling them the "only good team in the east".

Temple & USF went 14-2 in the conference. The rest of the east went 7-25.

I think (not positive) USF returns more than Temple. Why wouldn't they be talked about as the favorite? The third place east team, UCF, is on that list too. The other three teams went 1-7.

Reaction Score
Memphis must be bringing back some good players and getting some great new ones. They're the 2nd rated AAC team in Vegas (tied with Houston) after USF.

Reaction Score
Memphis must be bringing back some good players and getting some great new ones. They're the 2nd rated AAC team in Vegas (tied with Houston) after USF.
Agreed. Memphis looks like a good team. Experienced QB and WRs.

Florida teams tend to be over rated. So USF will have to prove it. They gave up 31 points a game last year. Heck, we had our best offensive day against them. They will score but they will get scored on as well. Wish we played them in December at the Rent instead of Sept. But if our 2016 offense could put up 27 points.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom