7.1% on threes tonight | The Boneyard

7.1% on threes tonight

Reaction Score
On mostly open shots versus Merrimack.

Ugly.
This team is the definition of ugly right now. It is going to get ugly at the beginning of the year with the schedule we have. Hopefully the young guys improve enough to make us respectable.

Reaction Score
Part of this is that Gilbert was not actively working to get Jalen open 3’s which he can and will make. Tonight they were working the ball to the big men for the most part. We won’t shoot 7% from 3 but it’s not the strength of this team. larrier is not a great 3 point shooter.

Reaction Score
Merrimack shot 7-23 from three.

UConn shot 1-14. And we had more open looks.

Houston we have a problem.

Reaction Score
Well, while unlikely, especially against that kind of competition, it is not unheard of. I just hope they got a few Offensive boards off of the long misses, that is more of my concern, honestly and as strange as it sounds. The shooting should improve over the course of the year. But again, solid rebounding makes up for poor shooting so I want to see these kids really hit the boards, get 2nd and 3rd chance points and win ugly if they need to. But win.

Reaction Score
Well, while unlikely, especially against that kind of competition, it is not unheard of. I just hope they got a few Offensive boards off of the long misses, that is more of my concern, honestly and as strange as it sounds. The shooting should improve over the course of the year. But again, solid rebounding makes up for poor shooting so I want to see these kids really hit the boards, get 2nd and 3rd chance points and win ugly if they need to. But win.

Isaiah Whaley putback dunk #1

Reaction Score
`It is one night, and as others have stated its a small sample size.

There are plenty of other concerns with this team to be worrying about one cold night from 3 in an exhibition game.

C

Chief00

`It is one night, and as others have stated its a small sample size.

There are plenty of other concerns with this team to be worrying about one cold night from 3 in an exhibition game.

We did not shoot from 3 much better at Mohegan. It’s a trend and not a good one. Vance’s stats look much better compared to these numbers.

Reaction Score
We did not shoot from 3 much better at Mohegan. It’s a trend and not a good one. Vance’s stats look much better compared to these numbers.

Vance is a player, even if many here feel jilted enough not to admit it. I bet he goes on to be a star at his new school averaging at least 15 points a game when he is an upperclassman.

That said, its hard to get too worked up about poor 3 point shooting given the small sample size. If the trend continues, it's obviously a problem.

C

Chief00

Vance is a player, even if many here feel jilted enough not to admit it. I bet he goes on to be a star at his new school averaging at least 15 points a game when he is an upperclassman.

That said, its hard to get too worked up about poor 3 point shooting given the small sample size. If the trend continues, it's obviously a problem.

It continues from last season - it’s a trend.

Reaction Score
That problem is called.... SAMPLE SIZE!
Combine both games. Sample size now 36 shots. We hit 19%.

I hope we improve mightily. But yo have to identify and admit a problem to address it. This is something we need to priortize. It is tiresome watching bad division two teams come in and make threes like it's no big deal while we struggle. Merrimack shot 7-24. Not that good but so much better than us.

Last year we were #152 in the country (D1) shooting 35%. We can't afford to get worse.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Combine both games. Sample size now 36 shots. We hit 19%.

I hope we improve mightily. But yo have to identify and admit a problem to address it. This is something we need to priortize. It is tiresome watching bad division two teams come in and make threes like it's no big deal while we struggle. Merrimack shot 7-24. Not that good but so much better than us.
We need to recruit more shooters. Not recruits who can shoot but recruits who specialize in shooting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom