6thBorough Doubleheader | The Boneyard

6thBorough Doubleheader

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Love the idea of securing 10 dates with MSG on a holiday weekend like MLK or Pres Day for a men's/ladies doubleheader versus another school. Or pick a winter weekend if dates are tough. Lineup all 10 challengers.

UConn can further Increase their brand strength. We control the party. We invite/challenge the top combo schools worthy. We host every year. We own a weekend. Double our fans will take over NYC. What do you think? Can it be done?

Reaction Score
I like the idea of playing Syracuse in a doubleheader on a Saturday Night at the garden

Reaction Score
Would love a basketball/hockey set up with Michigan State similar to what they did with a series at Northeastern. Borges said we were originally in negotiations with Michigan State for something similar.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I like the idea of playing Syracuse in a doubleheader on a Saturday Night at the garden
I'll settle for a conference game vs. Boston College at Gampel on a snowy Saturday night instead.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I think we could benefit from a yearly game against a New England opponent at TD Garden in Boston.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Syracuse would not schedule the woman's team at the Carrier Dome to give Breanna Stewart a home game in her senior year. UConn ended up playing at Cornell instead. I doubt Geno will give 'Cuse a MSG game in the foreseeable future.

FWIW Cornell had a packed house (@3,500) and their coach was pure class in the post game presser. 'Cuse played in an empty Carrier Dome (announced attendance was like 350 but they use that figure for every home game.) In reality, they played before a crowd consisting of the coaching staff, a trainer, and a custodian yelling at them to wrap it up so he could lock up and go home.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A great idea! At this point, believe it or not, I would choose Maryland as the opponent. It would be historic!

GemParty

Reaction Score
Make it a multi year deal. Stake our claim on that city. It's our backyard. There's no better combo hoops school than UConn. That's indisputable. Leverage your strengths. You can't claim a borough by simply putting up a billboard. What if Cuse puts up two?

Year 1- Tennessee
Year 2- Kentucky
Year 3- Duke
Year 4- Oklahoma
Year 5- ND
Year 6- Florida/Kansas
Year 7- UNC
Year 8- UCLA
Year 9- Stanford
Year 10- ND

Reaction Score
Still wonder why UC caved to Duke to play in Meadowlands. Bad move.

GemParty

Reaction Score
MSG yearly is a must!

Reaction Score
The best way to play in MSG is to play SJU every year in non conference. You get the RPI boost of a road game, most years a guaranteed win, and probably have more UCONN fans than SJU. Remove one of the Central CT's or UMass Lowell's.

GemParty

Reaction Score
The best way to play in MSG is to play SJU every year in non conference. You get the RPI boost of a road game, most years a guaranteed win, and probably have more UCONN fans than SJU. Remove one of the Central CT's or UMass Lowell's.
The idea I had is for twice as many UConn fans to converge on the city. Market our hoops Tandum V's strong combo schools. MSG is SJU court, but they stink in the men's/woman's combo.

GemParty

Reaction Score
What schools would you add & can UConn create it? Fans need something to look forward to with all this CR trouble. It would place us squarely as the popular NYC draw for men/women hoops.

GemParty

Reaction Score
While I don't typically attend the women's games, I would certainly sign up for something like that
We could mob the city with fans. It also makes a statement we are the 6thBorough based on a unique schedule too. We need to leverage 14 titles.

GemParty

Reaction Score
A great idea! At this point, believe it or not, I would choose Maryland as the opponent. It would be historic!
I listed ND twice, one should be MD.

Reaction Score
I like the idea but how about 2 double headers a year. One against a Big 12 opponent the other Big 10, both leagues have teams that are good in both men and women.
Big 12 has Oklahoma and the Big 10 has Michigan St, Ohio St and Maryland those would be great games for basketball fans and also show case UConn delivering NYC for future realignments.
We can also throw in Duke and North Carolina(yuck) in there as both are ranked via medias bias in the top 10 in both men and women.

GemParty

Reaction Score
I like the idea but how about 2 double headers a year. One against a Big 12 opponent the other Big 10, both leagues have teams that are good in both men and women.
Big 12 has Oklahoma and the Big 10 has Michigan St, Ohio St and Maryland those would be great games for basketball fans and also show case UConn delivering NYC for future realignments.
We can also throw in Duke and North Carolina(yuck) in there as both are ranked via medias bias in the top 10 in both men and women.
Love the idea of watching 5 hrs of games vs the same school in one incredible arena. Can you imagine the energy.

GemParty

Reaction Score
image.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads