6th Player of the Year Goes To ...Z

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Never in doubt from the first game of the conference play.:rolleyes:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I thought that the awards were to be announced tomorrow morning at 9?

Reaction Score
Let's clap our hands really loudly for this.

Z has had to retool in every possible way:
1. move to a new, colder (brrrrr) school but one with far more demanding academics than Duke. :) That means new friends, etc.
2. wait a year before playing: how frustrating that must be for someone whose identity has been so linked to the sport for most of her young life
3. get thrown into Geno's brutally challenging full switching man-to-man defense and motion read and react offense
4. be told that you won't be starting
5. be told that you are effectively learning a new position.

And do all this with a big smile and an infectious laugh and declarations that she is looking forward to next year.

This is a well-deserved award for a great person and a tremendous athlete.

Reaction Score
Let's clap our hands really loudly for this.

Z has had to retool in every possible way:
1. move to a new, colder (brrrrr) school but one with far more demanding academics than Duke. :) That means new friends, etc.
2. wait a year before playing: how frustrating that must be for someone whose identity has been so linked to the sport for most of her young life
3. get thrown into Geno's brutally challenging full switching man-to-man defense and motion read and react offense
4. be told that you won't be starting
5. be told that you are effectively learning a new position.

And do all this with a big smile and an infectious laugh and declarations that she is looking forward to next year.

This is a well-deserved award for a great person and a tremendous athlete.
Right on, Bags. I'm reminded of something that Z said while answering a question last year. It went something like this: I already know how to play college basketball, now I'm trying to learn how to play UConn basketball. :D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Z was interviewed far more this season than in 2 years at Duke—another part of life to adjust to at UConn.

Reaction Score
pardon my ignorance but is there a national award for best 6th person? If so can anybody think of another player that could compete with Azura?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom