60 Minutes Segment on Sue Bird | The Boneyard

60 Minutes Segment on Sue Bird

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if there’s somewhere to watch the espn episode thing they did on sue bird her senior year at UConn?

Reaction Score
Sue-per smart, Sue-per honest, Sue-per funny (especially the Larry Bird story). Sue is and has always been a huge credit to the UConn women's basketball program. Amazing and awesome.

Reaction Score
Sue-per smart, Sue-per honest, Sue-per funny (especially the Larry Bird story). Sue is and has always been a huge credit to the UConn women's basketball program. Amazing and awesome.
I liked the part about Geno… she asked if R-rating was ok.

Reaction Score
Really good interview. No discussion about the Olympics though except at the end and not about the 5 gold medals.

Reaction Score
She is the Queen! Love that woman.
I'm not sure any UConn injury ever affected me more than that season-ending ACL, after eight games into her freshman year; hit me like a cheap shot to the gut. She had looked to me like she was about to become the best women's basketball player I had ever seen, and before she even got started ...

I've always believed, great as she was sophomore & junior year, that she never got it totally back together and hit her full stride until her senior year. It's irrational to imagine the effects of an ACL lasting that long but, at the time, it just seemed to me that she wasn't as strong, confident and fluid, even though the results those two years were excellent. And, again subjectively, it seemed to me that senior year was a whole new level, what I had expected to see for the whole career at UConn.

But despite missing most of her freshman year and despite whatever lingering effects there may have been, the record at UConn speaks for itself: one of the greatest.

Last edited:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I did not realize Sue Bird's birthday was October 16th. She shares a birthday with my sister...and with my favorite actress, Angela Lansbury!

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
There are some short videos that go into a little more depth in parts of the main interview.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Very nice job. Sue has had an amazing run and in the world of point guards is, without question, the GOAT.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Great interview, and Sue is just great. I could listen to her for a full sixty minutes and not just a segment.

Reaction Score
Great interview and well worth the time to watch. SB is so well spoken and a great representative for women’s basketball. Can’t wait to see the great things she continues to do post-basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom