> $60,000 per week | The Boneyard

> $60,000 per week

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

For every week this KO thing doesn’t get settled KO gets paid $60,000. So far he has made $240,000 by his representatives postponing or making meetings non productive. It is not in his interest to get this thing resolved anytime soon. He wins with inaction.

In short, the Chief gag order will remain in effect.
Note: This is not a criticism or a reflection of inside knowledge covered by the gag order - it’s just reality, motivation and math.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
For every week this KO thing doesn’t get settled KO gets paid $60,000. So far he has made $240,000 by his representatives postponing or making meetings non productive. It is not in his interest to get this thing resolved anytime soon. He wins with inaction.

Inquiring minds want to know how much *you* are earning while this drags out. Are you like a farmer being paid to not grow corn?

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Note: This is not a criticism or a reflection of inside knowledge covered by the gag order - it’s just reality, motivation and math.
FYI, the CBA provides for 6 months notice of termination or pay in lieu notice. The delay isn't giving KO anymore money unless it runs beyond that.

#casualinsider

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Good one chief. Any money made here goes against the money he is owed. Unless you thought that Uconn's "your team sucked so you get nothing" argument was going to win out.

Reaction Score
Good one chief. Any money made here goes against the money he is owed. Unless you thought that Uconn's "your team sucked so you get nothing" argument was going to win out.
oh u know that's the approach they're taking?

Reaction Score
You might be way off on this. Contracts are structured under base salary + bonuses for public appearances.

I’m pretty sure he will only be paid $7692/week - the pro rated amount on the $400k/yr base salary

Could be wrong, but that’s typically how these contracts are structured

C

Chief00

FYI, the CBA provides for 6 months notice of termination or pay in lieu notice. The delay isn't giving KO anymore money unless it runs beyond that.

#casualinsider

You are assuming KO wins this thing. Good luck. Basically that’s the wrong analysis. You forget he was fired for cause so he gets zero as the University’s starting point. So this delay adds to zero.
Additionally, even in this crazy state of CT - you don’t need to give 6 months notice when firing for cause.

Reaction Score
I once fired an employee for taking cash from a customer and throwing out the receipts ( stealing) and I lost the unemployment eligibility case cause......... they said he didn’t steal enough and that I could fire him and have my unemployment rate go up for 3 years or I could hire him back and catch him stealing 2 more times and then be able to fire him with out incurring a higher unemployment compensation rate. Only in Connecticut.... I now have the same business in Florida and they have the opposite stance on firing.... you don’t need to have a reason and they are ok with that ( right to work state)

Reaction Score

Why don't you tell us the approach they're taking since you seem to know? The cryptic innuendo that circulates here seems like the result of a calculated PR move on the part of the school.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Why don't you tell us the approach they're taking since you seem to know? The cryptic innuendo that circulates here seems like the result of a calculated PR move on the part of the school.

I don't think jmick knows per se, but it's pretty clear that 'firing for purely for performance' is NOT the approach they were taking by applying the 'for cause' argument.

Reaction Score
No I'm just not stupid enough to think they publically fired him for cause and then behind close doors told him he was fired for performance related reasons

Reaction Score
No I'm just not stupid enough to think they publically fired him for cause and then behind close doors told him he was fired for performance related reasons
Spelling Police::: publicly

Reaction Score
Spelling Police::: publicly
publically is an accepted spelling variant in certain dictionaries. it's one of the only words that regularly tripped me up during college essays and I was told by some teachers it was wrong and by some that it was an acceptable variation of the word.

Reaction Score
None of us know much about this - gag order or not
This is a thread that needs to go
Thanks Chief00
I agree....keep seeing threads saying
I am under a gag order...BUT.....

Reaction Score
publically is an accepted spelling variant in certain dictionaries. it's one of the only words that regularly tripped me up during college essays and I was told by some teachers it was wrong and by some that it was an acceptable variation of the word.
That's interesting. My only resource is the 2004 Webster's New World College 4th edition which I've been assured after many go 'rounds with my editor brother, is the one to have. In here that is not listed as an alternate spelling.

I was not really trying to bust your stones too hard; I just love words and the craft of writing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You are assuming KO wins this thing. Good luck. Basically that’s the wrong analysis. You forget he was fired for cause so he gets zero as the University’s starting point. So this delay adds to zero.
Additionally, even in this crazy state of CT - you don’t need to give 6 months notice when firing for cause.
You're wrong. The analysis is the same regardless of whether or not he wins. Read the CBA

Reaction Score

I mean, yeah. It's obvious that they think they have a case. They're not alienating him and creating a potential PR disaster for nothing. I just haven't heard anything specific beyond the fact that the NCAA was looking into something three months ago, and unless we do, @nadav is correct. Nobody actually believes that they fired him for any reason other than wins/losses. To the extent that they may try to manufacture something to save money is unclear.

nadav

Reaction Score
Nope. But to think he’s not getting any of the 10 mil is ridiculous. If we went 28-8 last year, would KO been removed for cause?

Reaction Score
Lmao you're claiming conspiracy? God you're so far gone it's unbelievable

Firing someone for 'just cause', as in 'just cause they didn't win enough games'...hardly sounds like a conspiracy? The money we're talking about...will make folk do strange thing....

Reaction Score
Nope. But to think he’s not getting any of the 10 mil is ridiculous. If we went 28-8 last year, would KO been removed for cause?

No. Absolutely not.

nadav

Reaction Score
Where does this thread live btw?

Reaction Score
Lmao you're claiming conspiracy? God you're so far gone it's unbelievable

Not sure I'd use that word, but even the greatest advocates of the for-cause firing should be able to see the conflict of interest. Forget about the particulars of the case for a minute and try to envision a scenario where you're stuck between retaining a coach that is killing the program and swallowing a brutal buyout. We all know this is about money. It's actually a lot more cynical to think that it is not. That doesn't mean they're making things up, but from their standpoint if you can take something small that wouldn't otherwise matter and blow it up, you do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom