Reaction Score
v PC
@ Nova
@ Gtown
v Marquette
@ Hall
v Gtown

we should go 5-1 at worst to finish at 11-6 (.647%) in conference

if Hall goes 3-2 (losses to UConn and maybe SJU) to finish at 12-7 (.631%) we'd finish 3rd

at worst we should finish 4th for a surefire at large bid. Win at least 1 game in the BE tourney and i think we're looking at a 5-7 seed with a good chance to advance

Reaction Score
v PC
@ Nova
@ Gtown
v Marquette
@ Hall
v Gtown

we should go 5-1 at worst to finish at 11-6 (.647%) in conference

if Hall goes 3-2 (losses to UConn and maybe SJU) to finish at 12-7 (.631%) we'd finish 3rd

at worst we should finish 4th for a surefire at large bid. Win at least 1 game in the BE tourney and i think we're looking at a 5-7 seed with a good chance to advance
5-1 at worst?? Pretty lofty expectations based on what we’ve seen. Who knows how ready Bouk will be. My goodness.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I won't comment on how we'll finish the reg season. I will just say that the remaining games are not guaranteed due to the nature of what's happening these days. And the Big East is not looking to do make ups. So just need to play them one at a time. The mentality should be to win the very next game, each time.

Reaction Score
We need to win all 3 home games and at least 1 of the roadies to make the dance. If we win 2 or 3 we could possibly get to a favored seed with some Bouk consideration and solid play in the BE tournament.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
5-1 at worst?? Pretty lofty expectations based on what we’ve seen. Who knows how ready Bouk will be. My goodness.
i saw us going 5-1 w/ bouk and 4-4 w/o...did you look at who we're playing? gtown and marquette are bad. we'll beat PC tonight and only lost to hall by 7 w/o bouk

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i saw us going 4-4 w/o bouk...did you look at who we're playing? gtown and marquette are bad, that's 3 wins right there. we'll beat PC tonight and only lost to hall by 7 w/o bouk
G'town won @Creighton and Marquette beat Creighton, St Johns & Providence so let's not make the mistake thinking any of our remaining games are locks. We need wins and we're going to have to earn them.

Reaction Score
G'town won @Creighton and Marquette beat Creighton, St Johns & Providence so let's not make the mistake thinking any of our remaining games are locks. We need wins and we're going to have to earn them.
Exactly. I don’t think there’s ONE game left that’s an automatic win. Have people not been watching this league??

back2BE4us

The Carpenter will carpent.
Reaction Score
So no "postponed" game makeups? Have they not given an update to that? I know the OOC games that got "canceled" are what they are but what about the postponed ones?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Now we have 5 tough games left
Agree.
All games are tough from here on out, and we are not yet fully formed, though trending well based on the past two imperfect games.

We need to be tougher than the games. We can be. I predict nothing.

Reaction Score
So no "postponed" game makeups? Have they not given an update to that? I know the OOC games that got "canceled" are what they are but what about the postponed ones?
It was confirmed yesterday that no more rescheduling will happen. They tried to reschedule Nova at UConn, but it didn't work out. UConn was not interested in trying to squeeze in any other game.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I really don't understand why they didn't push back all the conference and NCAA tournaments when they were figuring out this season, with the expectation that a lot of makeup games would be needed.

Like why couldn't they start conference tournaments at the end of March, and have March madness turn into April madness?

Reaction Score
I really don't understand why they didn't push back all the conference and NCAA tournaments when they were figuring out this season, with the expectation that a lot of makeup games would be needed.

Like why couldn't they start conference tournaments at the end of March, and have March madness turn into April madness?
Agree and its not like fans would be inconvenienced or out of money.

Last edited:

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Agree and its not like fans would be inconvenienced or out of money.
The only thing I can think of is TV scheduling.

The Masters starts a few days after the championship game. CBS probably didn't wanna budge on the NCAA tournament and cause a scheduling headache.

Reaction Score
The only thing I can think of is TV scheduling.

The Masters starts a few days after the championship game. CBS probably didn't wanna budge on the NCAA tournament and cause a scheduling headache.
Yeah, but golf is the one sport no one really needs to see live. Tape delay is very acceptable, even if you know the day's results. In fact I don't know many people who reschedule their lives/time to watch the Masters, and especially take time off of work including long lunches.

I love golf, but playing it is better than watching. Hell its the one sport I'm still able to play, without quitting.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Still got to take it one game at a time. Hurley should tell them that there's no guarantee remaining regular season games will be played. The only thing is the next game at Nova, and need to treat it as a need to win game. This should be treated like a single elimination game-by-game going forward.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Yeah, but golf is the one sport no one really needs to see live. Tape delay is very acceptable, even if you know the day's results. In fact I don't know many people who reschedule their lives/time to watch the Masters, and especially take time off of work including long lunches.

I love golf, but playing it is better than watching. Hell its the one sport I'm still able to play, without quitting.
I think the logistics of airing both at the same time is besides the point though. Nobody would care about the Masters if the NCAA tournament is happening during it. This is prime time of year for CBS, overlapping the 2 events would be terrible. I would guess the only way the NCAA tournament would get pushed back is if the Masters could get pushed back as well.

CBS also uses the whole NCAA tournament to build hype for the Masters.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom