6 foul rule tested | The Boneyard

6 foul rule tested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
6 foul rule was used in the BIG EAST in 1989. The thought was that big name players would not have to sit with two or three fouls. What happened was that the Game referees took it as a slight and called games so tight and closely, that they called more fouls then they ever had. This made for some very long, dreadfully boring, nights.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Teams like Georgetown turned games into a thug fest...uuuuggggly basketball...no thanks!

Reaction Score
rather than increase the number of allowed fouls, they should strive for better and more consistent officiating so players learn to play without fouling.

Reaction Score
6 foul rule was used in the BIG EAST in 1989. The thought was that big name players would not have to sit with two or three fouls. What happened was that the Game referees took it as a slight and called games so tight and closely, that they called more fouls then they ever had. This made for some very long, dreadfully boring, nights.
I always thought the players played rougher knowing they got one extra foul. That led to the Big East struggling out of conference and in the Tournament. Again, just my recollection that it wasn't a ref thing.

Reaction Score
rather than increase the number of allowed fouls, they should strive for better and more consistent officiating so players learn to play without fouling.

Considering even the best NBA officials cant be consistent, don't get your

(sorry thought I heard an inadvertent whistle)

hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky