58-55 Hero Ball | The Boneyard

58-55 Hero Ball

Reaction Score
The possession with little ball movement and a Vital missed 25' is the losing time play of the game.

The play of the game is 3/18 from our starting backcourt. I do not understand why these guys continue to jack up shots. Do what you do well--rebound, steals, press break, FTs--and let the underclassmen score from deep. It's obvious that's the kind of night this is going to be but they wont adapt.

Reaction Score
It's not that simple

They do not run offense in the last 5 minutes of these games. They stand around and watch the ballhandler try and create something. Finally when the clock is almost expired either the ballhandler has to chuck or someone else has to come out for a pass and chuck.

This has been going on in all these tough losses

Reaction Score
The underclass men are better than our seniors. They brought us back in this game. I’ve been saying it all season. They shouldn’t be better already, but they are.
Definitely a positive to come from this game. That squad that made the comeback looks like our best team.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's not that simple

They do not run offense in the last 5 minutes of these games. They stand around and watch the ballhandler try and create something. Finally when the clock is almost expired either the ballhandler has to chuck or someone else has to come out for a pass and chuck.

This has been going on in all these tough losses

You literally wrote a paragraph defining hero ball.

Reaction Score
@Chin Diesel and another one, under 2 minutes..it’s getting so tiresome. I can almost write the script of what’s going to happen at the end of every game

Reaction Score
The play of the game is 3/18 from our starting backcourt. I do not understand why these guys continue to jack up shots. Do what you do well--rebound, steals, press break, FTs--and let the underclassmen score from deep. It's obvious that's the kind of night this is going to be but they wont adapt.
To be fair, if the coaching staff never holds them accountable for repeating the same mistakes, there’s a good chance they’ll continue to repeat the same mistakes.

Reaction Score
They just can't shake their many losing habits. Bad shots. Bad fouls. Bad passes. Bad coaching. Completely freeze up in crunch time. I'm not sure what it will take for them to snap out of it. They get in a position to win almost every game then find a way to lose.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
They just can't shake their many losing habits. Bad shots. Bad fouls. Bad passes. Bad coaching. Completely freeze up in crunch time. I'm not sure what it will take for them to snap out of it. They get in a position to win almost every game then find a way to lose.
And the problem of consistency. From game to game, you never really know what you're going to get from anyone. There isn't a single player on the team who won't unexpectedly disappear. Today it was Vital, Gilbert, Whaley and Carlton. In the past it's been Akok, Bouknight, Adams, etc. They are all capable of putting up a donut on a given night.

Reaction Score
Do you prefer they let the clock run out and not shoot?

Not understanding that response. Hero ball is defined as someone throwing up difficult shots no matter what the situation, even when someone else has an open shot. I said the exact opposite
You are 100% correct. Folks really do not understand basketball. What happened is bad offensive design. Vital (and Gilbert) get handed the ball with 6 seconds on the clock and 4 people staring at them. They have no option.

Reaction Score

Make that 5/22 and 1/13 from deep.

Reaction Score
I think we all knew that Vital was going to shoot that three with a couple minutes left in the game. But it initiated from Gaffney dribbling too much out top and it forced vital to take that shot.

I wouldnt put too much of this game on Vital. A few forced shots but just one of those games were the ball was not dropping for him.

Reaction Score
It's the play where I knew we were losing this game. And I know the clock was at 3 when he shot it, but it was obvious from the second the ball crossed half court what shot we were getting that possession

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom