55 points at home | The Boneyard

55 points at home

Reaction Score
Lucky to get that. Whaley was gifted 4 wide open threes. Actually like 8 but he missed some. Creighton at quick glance has given up about 75 ppg in Big East play. The analytics may say we are an alright offense. I’d guess they are inflated by early season games. But I don’t know how you watch this team, game in, game out, and come to that conclusion. Defense was great. Good on the staff for that. The jumping at pump fakes is getting annoying but whatever. But this offense man…I just don’t see how we compete with good/great teams consistently and win with it. 0-5 in games decided by 4 or less points. 1-8 last two seasons. This staff is not getting the most out of this team. Or maybe they are and we just thought we were better. Just really hard to watch this team struggle to put the ball in the hoop.

Reaction Score
You are not going to win many, if any, games shooting 29% from the field and 23% from three. The players had open shots and layups, it is on them to make it. Two times in the 2nd half they missed three layups in one possession. Pathetic performance.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You are not going to win many, if any, games shooting 29% from the field and 23% from three. The players had open shots and layups, it is on them to make it. Two parts of the 2nd half they missed three layups in one possession. Pathetic performance.
2 points from the bench. 2 missed layups at the rim when we were down 4 with2 minutes left. Missed free throws down the stretch. But it’s all bad coaching by Hurley. Come on….players have to be ready and perform. Not coach’s fault.

maybe we can recruit someone like Creighton’s Hawkinswho seems to have perfected the 3 point shot off the back rim, 10 feet in the air and then through the hoop. Just knew those were going to come back to haunt us.

Reaction Score
i feel like our shooting woes are the norm, rarely does this team shoot well. It's puzzling. Do we not practice foul shooting in practice?

Reaction Score
2 points from the bench tonight.. so much for all that depth

the bench is an issue. I'm not even sure what the deal is with Akok but he's a complete nonfactor. Polley, Hawkins, Gaffney need to give something. I thought this team was much deeper than what is playing out in reality.

Reaction Score
Lucky to get that. Whaley was gifted 4 wide open threes. Actually like 8 but he missed some. Creighton at quick glance has given up about 75 ppg in Big East play. The analytics may say we are an alright offense. I’d guess they are inflated by early season games. But I don’t know how you watch this team, game in, game out, and come to that conclusion. Defense was great. Good on the staff for that. The jumping at pump fakes is getting annoying but whatever. But this offense man…I just don’t see how we compete with good/great teams consistently and win with it. 0-5 in games decided by 4 or less points. 1-8 last two seasons. This staff is not getting the most out of this team. Or maybe they are and we just thought we were better. Just really hard to watch this team struggle to put the ball in the hoop.
One thing to consider is we ran through a defensive crucible in the Bahamas and were in every game. VCU. Much st. Auburn. We held. Our offense was getting going the last few weeks but…..well you see it.

Reaction Score
Embarassing to say the least..

They just cannot shoot, especially when it counts as the game is ending....

Reaction Score
No business losing to Bluejays in state of CT....it took a 7 minute FG free stretch at the end of game by UConn shooters to pull off the impossible.

How do you go 7 mins without making a shot with the game on the line...sad. Couldn't even make any FT's. If they had just played bad would have won.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sadly we scored 52 twice this year. We are not a high powered offense as some think. Auburn game was an outlier.

Our 5 game winning streak was a mirage. Lucky to beat St Johns, 2 Butler wins, gtown and DePaul. 5-0 against the bottom 4 of the league and 1-3 against the rest. Need to beat Nova to prove we are a top team on the BE.

Reaction Score
Said it before, we are very easy to prepare for. How about a different offensive set. We are running the same set we ran in our first game. How about a few quick hitters? Hawkins and Akok have not played in the 2nd half in the last 2 games. How can you have a 2 hour shoot around on the day of a game then expect players to play 35 minutes?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We could've used a few timeouts to regroup in the first half

I've pointed out that Hurley refuses to take any timeouts in the first half unless it's for the last shot. Last night we went ten minutes without a tv timeout. We played like trash and Creighton was up ten. We either blow a lead or we get down by double digits and have to claw our way back. It's been like this since he got here.

The only thing I can think of is that we don't have a bench. If that's the case, take one and give the starters a breather. Get everyone to regroup and focus

Reaction Score
2 points from the bench. 2 missed layups at the rim when we were down 4 with2 minutes left. Missed free throws down the stretch. But it’s all bad coaching by Hurley. Come on….players have to be ready and perform. Not coach’s fault.

maybe we can recruit someone like Creighton’s Hawkinswho seems to have perfected the 3 point shot off the back rim, 10 feet in the air and then through the hoop. Just knew those were going to come back to haunt us.
These guys weren't ready for a home Big East conference game against a team they have never beaten. The lack of preparedness is on the coaching staff. Like Hurley said, he did not see this coming. That is a problem. If he knows his team he would also know that have a tendency to lay eggs at home against teams they should beat on paper.

Very disappointing.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Should never lose a home conference game when you hold the other team to under 60 points.

We scored 52 in just the first half the other night at Gampel. Just saying…

Reaction Score
Taliek couldn't shoot but he was always running. We have good athletes. Run Forest run!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom