538's Guide to the Women's Tournament | The Boneyard

538's Guide to the Women's Tournament

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Nice of them to mention UConn. Somewhere in there, I think.

Reaction Score
I think a 2% chance of UConn winning the title was too low. Although I saw them having no more than a 10% chance this year. Next few years, different story.

Reaction Score
Pretty fair round-up. The top three teams all beat us by double-digits, and their front-courts were dominant. Maryland had been awesome over the past month of the season, so earned their #1 seed (or deserved one, had everything gone ahead).

Our road to the FF, should we have been sent to the west coast, would have been enormously difficult.

The real triumph for this season would have been not winning it all, but making it to the Final Four.

Now we'll all just focus on staying alive to see the next season.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think UCONN wouldve had an outside shot to pull a hail mary and reach the Final Four if they went to a different regional, but no way was anyone beating Oregon in Portland this year. UCONN wouldve faced a solid Sweet 16 team (not sure who) and then faced Oregon two nights later in Portland. Had they beat Oregon, they would've likely faced Baylor in the semis and SC in the finals. Beating all 3 I just dont see happening. I think 2% is quite generous considering how the brackets likely play out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom